Gladiator flipped in Biscayne Bay...

Notices

Gladiator flipped in Biscayne Bay...

Old 04-28-2004, 01:30 PM
LPA2106

Baja...right about what?

Old 04-28-2004, 01:33 PM
LPA2106

flaming and namecalling on MOST boards results in deletions of posts and eventually members who wrote them...

....I am not a boating expert but in what I do I am an expert...so that's a slam too...only experts need post

Old 04-28-2004, 01:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LPA- your wearing me slick!
take a break
Old 04-28-2004, 01:36 PM
LPA2106

...well I figure if some ground rules are set here...I might have a shot at enjoying this board too...asking too much?

Old 04-28-2004, 01:36 PM
Registered

Received 407 Likes on 241 Posts

your head up your joass to screw up boats of this size in bays or lakes
You apparantly have never been on LOTO on a holiday or just a plain busy weekend.
That is the reason the Shootout is bouyed off for a mile in both directions to flatten out the waves. Don't need any wipe outs to destroy lives or boats. Still have one or two every year. Always driver too far over the edge or equipment malfunction.
Old 04-28-2004, 01:42 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

LPA for board god!!!!!
Old 04-28-2004, 01:42 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by T2x

Let's switch gears and try to answer it..........

Do steps and their inherent instability cause wrecks....... or do people's inability to control the inherent instability of steps cause wrecks?

T2x.............
I'll bite...I believe that steps add a layer of "instability" to a given boat in certain. attitudes. Different steps and hull designs have varying degrees of "instability" I also remember a strait V also being labeled as unstable, one of which actually flunked a Powerboat review I believe because of it.

If an operator of a boat cannot be trained to operate a step bottom boat then the only logical solution is computer fly by wire control much like is used on unstable aircraft. I mean if they can make a Nighthawk fly I would think a computer could keep a 42 fountain under control. However it would certianly limit the envelope that a 42 fountain would operate under. Ie I wouldn't want to try to turn a F-117 inside a F-16 and I wouldn't want to try to turn a 42 fountain at high speed inside a 41 Apache....Uh Oh...I shouldn't have said that
Old 04-28-2004, 01:50 PM
Registered

Originally posted by cuda
I'm in Corrado's corner on this one. Though I am no expert on hull design, I'd say by definition that if you flip or spin a boat when nothing broke to cause it, it is definetly driver error. Not knowing the limits of the boat is driver error. Letting a huge wake sneak up on you is driver error.
Wasn't there one boat that was pulled off the market because it was so dangerous? I think it was the ONLY boat in the history of PB mag that got slammed because it was so dangerous. Sorry, just can't remember which manufacturer it was.
Old 04-28-2004, 01:53 PM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

...and , of course, sky-high X-dimensions have nothing to do with it.

This thread is almost as worthless as the one(s) about freeing Ben Kramer.

But it has surpassed most of the Apache threads in stupidity and is rapidly closing.

I'm ashamed I read it.
Old 04-28-2004, 02:05 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Wasn't there one boat that was pulled off the market because it was so dangerous? I think it was the ONLY boat in the history of PB mag that got slammed because it was so dangerous. Sorry, just can't remember which manufacturer it was.
I believe it was the 22' Chris Craft stinger with the center steering.

Quick Reply: Gladiator flipped in Biscayne Bay...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.