Gladiator flipped in Biscayne Bay... >

Gladiator flipped in Biscayne Bay...

Notices

Gladiator flipped in Biscayne Bay...

Old 04-27-2004, 11:05 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Fever Mike
Oh I also love how when a Cig or any other performance step bottom boats flips over it's always the drivers fault BUT when a Fountain flips it must be the design of the hull. GEESH!

BTW, a conventional deep V will roll over or spin out too.
Mike, that is such bull**** - everyone knows that there were never any performance boat accidents until Reggie Fountain invented the stepped hull!

Personally, I blame his hair.
Old 04-27-2004, 11:15 PM
Mr. Demeanor

Are there really that many more accidents or is it just that we are hearing about every single one because of this board? I guess that makes these accidents OSO's fault Makes about as much sense.
The last big trip we took covered most of the east coast from Virginia to the Keys back up the Gulf to New Orleans. During that trip I actually saw less than 15 performance boats but I saw thousands of other craft. I know we think performance boating is a big deal but in shear numbers, it is a tiny niche. Not enough to get the Governments attention but the insurance companies will surely take notice.

Old 04-27-2004, 11:52 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can't take another post from LPA2106 until he "steps up".
For a guy who doesn't even own a boat to be on the board flapping his gums, posting his ass off like an seasoned expert is simply wrong.
He overanalizes the sh*t outta stuff.
It's like guys who read sport bike mag articles, that push the envelope of man & machine. The typical goofball at the magazine stand will never know the difference between the bikes.

We got a guy like this in the GTO club, looks at every GTO for sale & never buys....Takes everbody's time.
We call him the pee-pee puller.

Buy a friggin' boat before the dealers run the other way.
Old 04-28-2004, 12:02 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Fever Mike
Oh I also love how when a Cig or any other performance step bottom boats flips over it's always the drivers fault BUT when a Fountain flips it must be the design of the hull. GEESH!

BTW, a conventional deep V will roll over or spin out too.
I see I'm not the only one that has noticed this.

What if an OSO member gets involved in an accident. He or she will have the comforting thought that all their board friends are now analyzing what happened. Yea Candyman's boat rolled must have been from eating too much candy which caused improper balance!

We need facts before we can analyze what happened in a crash. Driver error, hull design, mechanical failure or how about something floating a few inches below the waters surface. Who knows for sure. All I know is there have been to many crashes this year and unfortunately loss of life. Just be thankful no one was killed or seriously injured in this incident. Hopefully the facts come out and we can all befit from them.
Dan
Old 04-28-2004, 12:07 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Why are most of the accidents east of the Mississippi?

The SCOPE folks seem to be keeping the wet side down. I think it is something to do with being somewhere on the Poodle food chain, and the fenders being out help offset the radial distomitry of the flux capacitor on every third banana hammock rotation. I do believe a famous SCOPE member literally blew the "doors" off his boat this weekend though.

Last edited by Sydwayz; 04-28-2004 at 12:47 AM.
Old 04-28-2004, 12:32 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Sydwayz
Why are most of the accidents east of the Mississippi?

The SCOPE folks seem to be keeping the wet side down. I think it is something to do with being somewhere on the Poodle food chain, and the fenders being out help offet the radial distomitry of the flux capacitor on every third banana hammock rotation. I do believe a famous SCOPE member literally blew the "doors" off his boat this weekend though.
Old 04-28-2004, 12:52 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

On a more serious note, I am glad everyone appears to have survived. We need to stop glorifying these accidents. Only a handful of folks here on OSO are what can be called experts, and even they don't have the answers; as they have wiped out too.

Just don't be dumb folks.
Old 04-28-2004, 05:43 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sydwayz I agree with you. I'm glad I'm not reading about a death here. Enough with the pissing contest on what caused it. We should all be glad they are alive. Maybe from this we can learn why this happened to prevent it from happening again this summer.

IMHO someone needs to get in touch with the driver so we can find out what he was doing so others will know what NOT to do. This is an experience and now we have a chance here to learn something. Lets not bash this guy or his boat. I'm sure everyone on this board has had either an auto accident or boat accident at one time. We don't need a board full of Monday Morning quarterbacks.
Old 04-28-2004, 05:55 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally posted by PurePower
I can't take another post from LPA2106...the pee-pee puller.
Old 04-28-2004, 05:57 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

maybe he enjoys pulling his pee-pee

Quick Reply: Gladiator flipped in Biscayne Bay...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.