Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
OT: Anyone informed on 67-69 Cameros? >

OT: Anyone informed on 67-69 Cameros?

Notices

OT: Anyone informed on 67-69 Cameros?

Old 06-10-2004, 07:50 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: OT: Anyone informed on 67-69 Cameros?

Thisistank, Here is the phone # of a club called camaro crazy on long island 516-249-0909. They have their own repair restoration shop. If you want you can call and ask for Tony Abiuso. He is a good friend of mine. He is going away and will be back on monday . He said he will gladly answer any questions you have. He owns about 4 or 5 of them and owns about 13 camaros total. he realy knows his stuff on these cars with lots of years experence. He said to call in the afternoons at about 4:30pm. Tell him Keith told you to call.
Old 06-10-2004, 08:53 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: OT: Anyone informed on 67-69 Cameros?

Originally Posted by Iggy
The RS model came with the hide-away head lights (67-69) and on the '69 model it included the urethane(sp) (body color) front bumper.
The SS package had the engine, transmission, and suspension options. On the 67-68 RS and SS models the tail lights and rear valance was different.
Both models offered special interior option packages.

SS package on the early years, 67-68, had the first 350" engines. I don't think a BB was offered in those years.
First year for the Z28 was 1968.

Correct, but you had to wind the piss out of it to get there. The short stroke engine had all the HP way up in the RPM band.

Yes. If you do find one, you can drop in a SBC very easily. Everything off the 6 will bolt right up to the SBC, starter and flywheel included, except the engine mounts (both engine and frame mounts) and radiator.
And don't forget, if you can't find all the "Camaro" parts you need, a Firebird of the same year is the perfect donor car. Same frame, suspension and some body parts.
Sorry to disagree but you are sadly mistaken on the Z-28's. I personally own a 69 Z-28 and would trake it for a 67 in a flash they only made around 100 but they did make them. They were cream color and all had 4-sp. In 1969 they did not have body color front bumpers, not sure where you got that from.
I know you could get a BB in 1968 but not sure about 67. They are beautiful cars and I would love to have a rag top some day. Maybe a 69 pace car with a 396 / 375HP and a 4-sp. You can find them but they are around $150,000.00 and up.

Last edited by Velocity Mark; 06-12-2004 at 08:39 PM.