Notices

allstate insurance

Old 07-31-2004, 07:25 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: allstate insurance

Well you must have great agents! My allstate agent told me he would write the policy but when it gets to the underwriters it will be cancelled. I too have a 2004 Spectre cat with 300's and they wanted to know the speed this boat was capable of. As for sonic 31 lets see how long before they kick it back. I see its a 2005 so it must have been recentley. I've had all my cars and last boat with them the house to till I was cancelled because of my geographical location being a risk. Like Sy said those policies are not full maratime coverage. If you have a fuel spill you will be out big $$$$$$$$.
Old 07-31-2004, 07:49 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: allstate insurance

I got royally screwed over by Allstate years ago. I had parked my truck in a normal "parking meter" spot on Forest Ave. up in Portland, Maine. A drunk driver went through a red light, careened off a car, and plowed straight into my truck. My ex-wife and I were inside eating dinner at a restaurant.

After my truck was hauled away, a few days later I dropped by to check on the repairs. I caught the mechanics putting in used parts and I blew a gasket. They showed me the written authorization from Allstate directing them to installed used parts wherever possible. I yanked that "authorization letter" right out of the service manager's hand and stormed down to the Allstate office. (remember this was back in 1987, still young and stupid) I doubt anyone working that day will EVER forget my entrance. I all but ripped the front glass doors right out of the frame going through. I stormed into the Manager's office, threw the letter on his desk, and said "what in the f**k is this s**t????? I don't pay you "used" prices on my policy. He started stammering about, "we'll still guarantee the repairs", or some such crap. I gave him the choice of either calling the dealership or calling the cops. At that point I was so friggin mad I just totally lost all reason. Am probably lucky I didn't end up in jail over that one. Wisely, for both of us, he chose to call the dealership to instruct the service manager to install only new parts, and then wrote a new letter of authorization for only new parts, gave it to me and I left.

The day I got my truck back I cancelled three auto policies and the one on my bike. Went with Progressive and saved about two hundred bucks in the process.