Kilo Time!!!! Outerlimits vs Fountain >

Kilo Time!!!! Outerlimits vs Fountain

Notices

Kilo Time!!!! Outerlimits vs Fountain

Old 08-10-2004, 07:35 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Kilo Time!!!! Outerlimits vs Fountain

I for one am having a VERY hard time believing that OL would drive from Rhode Island to NC without knowing what they had. Last time I checked there is water in RI. So why haul it all the way to NC just to turn around and go home? someone......anyone?????????
Old 08-10-2004, 07:41 AM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Exactly!

So obviously something had gone wrong that could not be fixed in the time allowed.....

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 08-10-2004, 07:47 AM
Registered

I posted the question to Fiore in the "Congratulations to Reggie Fountain From OL" thread but it got lost in all the ass kissing......
Old 08-10-2004, 07:57 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by garysol1
I posted the question to Fiore in the "Congratulations to Reggie Fountain From OL" thread but it got lost in all the ass kissing......
--I did too.

At least they came down and I believe were ready to rumble.

The hype this weekend was great and enjoyed by most.
Old 08-10-2004, 08:01 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LMAO! So true.
Old 08-10-2004, 09:26 AM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

I think both Fountain & OL are equally getting some kissing up going on...

There they are definately in a tie in that race.....

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 08-10-2004, 09:59 AM
Registered

At least thats a race OL can actualy win...LoL

Originally Posted by sharkeymarine
There they are definately in a tie in that race.....
Old 08-10-2004, 10:24 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bottom line.

Fountain's race boats are the fastest Vee's currently, very fast.

........but Fountain has a LONG road ahead to catch up on quality and fit and finish. Most manufacturers are decades ahead of Fountain on building an overall boat for the pleasure market, which is where the money is.

99% of buyers aren't looking for a full canopy race boat, which is what Fountain is the BEST at building.
Old 08-10-2004, 10:39 AM
Registered

Most manufacturers are decades ahead.......you sure about that statement? There are some nicer finished boats out there for sure but most?????????
Fountain provides a very nice boat for a reasonable price. I will never own a new OL or a new cig but I may own a new Fountain. I know what I am getting for my money.Its a known quality....no surprises (for the most part)
I think Dollar for Dollar Fountain provides a great boat. If I feel I want or need a better boat I can always step up. Fountain provides a fast boat I can afford.....well almost

Originally Posted by TwinStepGun
Bottom line.

Fountain's race boats are the fastest Vee's currently, very fast.

........but Fountain has a LONG road ahead to catch up on quality and fit and finish. Most manufacturers are decades ahead of Fountain on building an overall boat for the pleasure market,
Old 08-10-2004, 10:45 AM
Carabella

Re: Kilo Time!!!! Outerlimits vs Fountain

Originally Posted by boot
Man, you guys are worse then women ! As a matter of fact ,you notice the women didn't even get in the middle of this one ....

I am not taking sides here but , Just something I noticed , lots of you knocked OL pretty bad for either running away or making excuses to not run .
What DID happen back at the NY poker run when Reggy was coming up to KICK ASS ,,,,,, But never showed up ? Just asking........

As for them NOT running at the same event ,,,, WAKE UP YOU FOOLS !!!! I can't beleive no on efigured it out yet !!!

They are NOT GOING TO !! Look at all the publicity it is drawing ! If they actualy ran at the same time , IT WOULD BE OVER !

I'll bet Reggy and Mike already worked it out to keep this going as long as possible . It is GREAT for buisness ! And remember ANY publicity is GOOD publicity !

And the idea that they should have an extra motor for the event ..............
LIke they said , If the event went as squeduled , Reggy was not ready either .

How many of you race guys take an extra motor to a race ?

How many of you poker run guys travel all the way across the coutry to a poker run and bring extra engines ? how about extra drives? Or even PROPS ?????

I'll bet not many .
I am not taking sides here but , Just something I noticed , lots of you knocked OL pretty bad for either running away or making excuses to not run .
What DID happen back at the NY poker run when Reggy was coming up to KICK ASS ,,,,,, But never showed up ? Just asking........

I can agree with this one here, since I know someone that was at the NYC poker run, and the big hear say was that Reggie was coming, and he didn't show. Neither here nor there, it was just hear say, so I can't bet on that one since I didn't get that from the horses mouth. As far as all the comments and speculation being made on these 9 pages, the entries coming from RiggerJohn and myself are the facts, and are coming straight from the horses mouth. There sure is a lot of judgment being made on that something had to have gone wrong, when it has been well defined here that this was not the issue at hand. Believe it, these guys with money traveling across country do carry extra engines, props, and drives. Most everyone on here can't relate to this since they aren't running with the big dogs anyway. I think it is great that another world record was set, it just raises the bar as Mike Fiore had mentioned earlier. I can't wait for the anticipation to set in again for the real show down.

Last edited by Carabella; 08-10-2004 at 12:58 PM.

Quick Reply: Kilo Time!!!! Outerlimits vs Fountain

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.