Notices

Bad Experience!!!

Old 11-10-2004, 07:59 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Bad Experience!!!

Originally Posted by KaamaScarab30
I agree. This place is turning into an "Old Boys" club, where anyone outside the club is only allowed to listen the the wisdom of the Older members. Sounds like he has a legitimate gripe.
I agree but the bunny is freakin halarious
Old 11-10-2004, 07:59 AM
Charter Member #30
Charter Member

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

I agree. This place is turning into an "Old Boys" club, where anyone outside the club is only allowed to listen the the wisdom of the Older members. Sounds like he has a legitimate gripe.

I don't agree with this. If the post was written with info that the board could relate to then suggestions would be flowing and this would be on page three by now with opinions both good and bad

Otherwise it has to be taken for what it's worth

BTW I'm an old timer and don't consider myself being part of anything other than seeing something and telling it how it is.
Old 11-10-2004, 08:00 AM
Banned

How can we support him, when we have no idea what he is saying?
Old 11-10-2004, 08:17 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 139 Likes on 84 Posts

If somebody doesn't have a premium membership, then they can't post in the proper section. But if they've been burned by something related to boating, they may have already had their pockets drained and not be so excited about ponying up for a membership. Some guys may be boating newbies and get burned hard enough to want to get out of the "hobby". So why would they want to pay to tell others about their reaming.

I say he should be able to post a boating related hustle RIGHT HERE. It can always "get moved" to the proper place when it is "finished". That's my thoughts.

This board is capable of some pretty substantial support. It may be a bit of a swampy moat to swim for a new guy to get "in the castle" but if a new guy makes sense and needs help this place usually rises to the occasion. Now if the guy will just start out with readable sentence structure, give a brief timeline of the events, and provide some specifics...

mc
Old 11-10-2004, 08:37 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by cuda
How can we support him, when we have no idea what he is saying?

Egg zackly!!!

How can you be sympathetic or give advice when we have no idea wtf he's talking about?

Here is my contribution to the picture show.
Attached Thumbnails Bad  Experience!!!-wtfareyousmoking.jpg   Bad  Experience!!!-how-boating-accidents-happen.jpg  
Old 11-10-2004, 08:37 AM
Registered

Received 99 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Darkhorse468
Yeah I'm pissed, cause I just got jerked around for 1,400.00 over the summer, lost two brand new motors because of it, was told I get some consideration for it if I solved half my problem and bought new parts from them for 4,200.00 more...so I bit. Well, over a month later, and my money is spent, but I still havent received my products...they went out on two complete motors three and a half weeks ago...hummm??? Maybe if I spent more money, I'd have gotten mine first?
Darkhorse468,
Sounds like a terrible summer for you - I take it you are talking about your Sutphen. Sorry to hear that.
Old 11-10-2004, 08:46 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is from another board that kinda explains more............

"Well guys and girls, heres an ending to this part of my saga...Over the summer, finally finish boat...bad headers, hydrolocked motors...too bad, so sad from seller...talked/threatended and finally worked out a pretty crappy deal, but better than nothing???...ordered two pair brand new CMI E-tops on Oct. elenth...call on Oct. 15th to find out when to expect them as weather is getting COLD...find out they havent even been shipped yet, when ordered they were "in stock"...turns out hey WEREN't...will send them directly from supplier(same day)...call Oct. 20th, nothing....call Oct. 22nd, "oh yeah those...yeah those were shipped today...eight days later...call Oct. 27th, nothing, no headers, no reply...call/e-mail on 29th, same deal...call on NOV. 3rd, leave message that if they don't come in by Nov. 5th, I'm cancelling...nothing, and it is now Nov. 9th and they STILL havent arrived. Yes, the address was correct, everything was correct, and they were paid for on the 11th of Oct. At one point, a reason of "its the Miami boat show down here, so they might be closed" was given to me. I don't know about anyone else, but when your
TOTAL MARINE AND PERFORMANCE out of Louisianna...I would think you'd be alittle more on the ball than this. So far, I've spent over 6,000.00 with this guy Steve, and he has done an ABSOLUTE $ $ $ $ JOB of every aspect of this whole deal. He passed me off bad headers, cost me my whole summer and quite possibly my two brand new motors, and offers me $ $ $ $ excuses...then seems like he may try to make at least alittle good on his end with a good deal on new ones. So I try to give him and chance and he STILL TOTALLY screws the pooch!! If you ask me, I would warn you on pain of death not to buy nor recommend to buy a dam thing from this clown...his prices arent any better than Ohio Performance, Offshore Performance Specialtys, or a host of others, and his service and customer support ABSOLUTLY SUCKS!!!!! Now, before anybody goes and thinks I'm just a pissed off customer, look at my threads about my headers this summer, and you will see THE EXACT OPPOSITE OF THIS post. I have made a complete and total ******* out of myself trying to be the good guy through all this, and I've truly gotten shafted hard. If I had the time or the money, I would be suing the everloving $ $ $ $ out of him for a whole pile of stuff, missrepresentation of goods, fraud, credit card fruad, etc. etc. I am a good, hard working, decent guy but understand this; first time shame on me, second time, shame on you...I am going to crucify this guy werever I can."
Old 11-10-2004, 08:50 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by d-hlaw
This is from another board that kinda explains more............

"Well guys and girls, heres an ending to this part of my saga...Over the summer, finally finish boat...bad headers, hydrolocked motors...too bad, so sad from seller...talked/threatended and finally worked out a pretty crappy deal, but better than nothing???...ordered two pair brand new CMI E-tops on Oct. elenth...call on Oct. 15th to find out when to expect them as weather is getting COLD...find out they havent even been shipped yet, when ordered they were "in stock"...turns out hey WEREN't...will send them directly from supplier(same day)...call Oct. 20th, nothing....call Oct. 22nd, "oh yeah those...yeah those were shipped today...eight days later...call Oct. 27th, nothing, no headers, no reply...call/e-mail on 29th, same deal...call on NOV. 3rd, leave message that if they don't come in by Nov. 5th, I'm cancelling...nothing, and it is now Nov. 9th and they STILL havent arrived. Yes, the address was correct, everything was correct, and they were paid for on the 11th of Oct. At one point, a reason of "its the Miami boat show down here, so they might be closed" was given to me. I don't know about anyone else, but when your
TOTAL MARINE AND PERFORMANCE out of Louisianna...I would think you'd be alittle more on the ball than this. So far, I've spent over 6,000.00 with this guy Steve, and he has done an ABSOLUTE $ $ $ $ JOB of every aspect of this whole deal. He passed me off bad headers, cost me my whole summer and quite possibly my two brand new motors, and offers me $ $ $ $ excuses...then seems like he may try to make at least alittle good on his end with a good deal on new ones. So I try to give him and chance and he STILL TOTALLY screws the pooch!! If you ask me, I would warn you on pain of death not to buy nor recommend to buy a dam thing from this clown...his prices arent any better than Ohio Performance, Offshore Performance Specialtys, or a host of others, and his service and customer support ABSOLUTLY SUCKS!!!!! Now, before anybody goes and thinks I'm just a pissed off customer, look at my threads about my headers this summer, and you will see THE EXACT OPPOSITE OF THIS post. I have made a complete and total ******* out of myself trying to be the good guy through all this, and I've truly gotten shafted hard. If I had the time or the money, I would be suing the everloving $ $ $ $ out of him for a whole pile of stuff, missrepresentation of goods, fraud, credit card fruad, etc. etc. I am a good, hard working, decent guy but understand this; first time shame on me, second time, shame on you...I am going to crucify this guy werever I can."
OK, I get it now. Sorry to hear of your bad experience. Steve of TotalMP visits this board regularly, maybe he will post something and hopefully you two can work this out!!

Craig
Old 11-10-2004, 09:14 AM
Registered

Having been through a bad experience with an engine builder from St. Louis, I can understand the frustration. It was an expensive lesson in dealing with people and the issue of trust. But when I read the first post and then the one with more detail, I still can't tell exactly what happened in this case. We are getting one emotional interpretation of what happened without any of us knowing what really happened. At the end of the day it will still come down to intepretations of what was said, promised, or delivered.

After my experience I went looking for ways to make sure I would not let that happen to me again. Still working on the approach, but basically I have come to the conclusion that LIFE IS INDIFFERENT to all of us. No matter how careful we are, how experienced we are in negotiating or buying, how many precautions we take, bad things can still happen.
Take time to vent, kick the dog, yell on a message board, whatever you need. If you need to sue, then sue. If you want to get a posse together and "deal with the problem", then go ahead. Eventually you will have to let it go and accept the outcome, otherwise it will eat you up.

My last comment - used parts = usually a much bigger risk than buying new.

Good luck,
Doug
Old 11-10-2004, 09:19 AM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by mcollinstn
If somebody doesn't have a premium membership, then they can't post in the proper section. But if they've been burned by something related to boating, they may have already had their pockets drained and not be so excited about ponying up for a membership. Some guys may be boating newbies and get burned hard enough to want to get out of the "hobby". So why would they want to pay to tell others about their reaming.

I say he should be able to post a boating related hustle RIGHT HERE. It can always "get moved" to the proper place when it is "finished". That's my thoughts.

This board is capable of some pretty substantial support. It may be a bit of a swampy moat to swim for a new guy to get "in the castle" but if a new guy makes sense and needs help this place usually rises to the occasion. Now if the guy will just start out with readable sentence structure, give a brief timeline of the events, and provide some specifics...

mc
But by paying for a membership it keeps every Yahoo from posting in the bad business section.

Darkhorse468 you might want to elaborate. Good luck on getting this problem worked out.

Reed I thought the same thing

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.

Quick Reply: Bad Experience!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.