Notices

Bad Experience!!!

Old 11-10-2004, 11:20 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Bad Experience!!!

I hope you get your money back and that everything works out. Keep us updated.
Old 11-10-2004, 11:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Bad Experience!!!

We absolutely stand behind all of our used parts for 90 days. The headers were pressure checked, and tested good. Darkhorse checked them and they were fine. I had no idea ( other than the visual inspection and pressure check) of the condition, and made this quite clear. I even discounted the headers greatly (1100.00 for 2 pair of CMI split tops w/ tails thrown in), to compensate for any inspections or modifications needed. Unfortunately for those of you good guys like darkhorse, there are several people who take advantage of situations involving used parts, so its impossible for us to warranty them for over a year.( thats longer than CMI warranties new headers.
As far as your new headers, its totally my fault, as I relied on another company, who was paid in October also, to drop ship your headers, and they did not deliver. I should have followed through after last week, but did not hear from you, and assumed you received them. There is no need to dispute, as I am happy to refund your money, or discount your headers even farther below my cost, and I was already covering shipping. I apologize for any inconvenience, and assure you and everyone, that we are making the necessary steps to set up a reliable dealer network that is adequately staffed to meet the needs of our customers.
Old 11-11-2004, 12:28 AM
Registered

Received 47 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Bonnie Outlaw
Just curious...did you pay with a credit card? I think if you complain to the credit card company (regarding the potential fraud - you have to call it that, once they investigate it, they will determine if they will call it that) they will investigate it.

Can someone more knowledgable help on this point (if he paid with a CC)?
You usually have 60 days from the time of purchase to dispute a credit card charge, although this can vary for your particular credit card company. It sounds like the product later got sent out, but to the wrong address. If he still doesn't have them, then he could dispute the charge. The credit card company will do a charge back to the vendor (take away the money), and give the buyer a refund. This is done immediately, and then an investigation is opened by the credit card company. The vendor has to show proof of delivery of a usable product. I know a bit about this, because I am a credit card vendor, although I have never even come close to having a charge dispute with a customer. It's much nicer just to strive for 100% customer satisfaction, at least for me.

Michael
Old 11-11-2004, 06:32 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If the guy got legitimately hosed he's got a right to beef. It ultimately might save one of us from getting hosed by the same company.

However, it would be easier to understand with a little more specifics and that the post is written a little clearer thus easier to understand what exactly happened. I agree that someone new might not know the exact "format" for what goes on in here. We should at least give him a chance. My two cents anyway.
Old 11-11-2004, 06:50 AM
CMG
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

darkhorse468 aka "Ricki Williams"?
Old 11-11-2004, 04:28 PM
Darkhorse468

To ALL who offered their opnions and replys...my thanks and respect. I have heard from Steve personnally, and he has replied here as well, so all can see that I was at least part way right...he's NOT a bad guy at all. I am semi confused but that rotten feeling inside is gone. I have my normal feelings now...I feel bad, short tempered, and alittle embarrased. The embarrasment comes from the fact I can still taste the piece of his butt I bit off this week, as I said to him personnally, and realized I did it out of anger(although I feel I had a REAL good reason to be that mad). I HATE being like that, and alot of the reason is to do with time always seeming to be up my ass, and never being able to get a break with this boat, and not knwoing if my motors are junk or not. If it wasen't so late in the year, I wouldn't have been so panicked, but it was. Unfortunately, he was the recipient. I know I'm ALWAYS learning from the vast experience on this and other sites, as I am only recently out of the crowds of wishers and dreamers, and am trying DAM hard to be a doer with this boat, and part of things like this is the learning...I wont ever buy used gear if it is important again, I can always count on stupid crap happening, and I can always count on getting good opinions/advice if I ask the right people...and I also learned that if Wasabe is in those pix, DAMN SHE"S HOT!!! Just messin around.............but she is.
To Steve- I read the post after your e-mail tonight(11th) and am even more pleasantly surprised by the way you handled this. You explained yourself, didn't give any crap excuses and just plain apologized for the problem. The best and simplest way to go in my mind. Things go wrong all the time, and this was just another example of that, its what you make of the trash left behind that determines how bad it was. I think you did fine. And as far as the money end of it, as I told you WAY BACK, I'm not looking for anything free, or a better deal than the next guy, just to feel ok about things...I know I got the best deal anybody else would have on these already, so no, I DONT want any more off, al I wanted was what I got here, to feel alittle less foolish. About the only thing you CAN DO for me? Where can I get clamps for these? My tailpipes are the right ends, and their Merc ends, and I have the seals...just no clamps.

Old 11-11-2004, 04:38 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 139 Likes on 84 Posts

$1,100 for TWO PAIR of used CMI's ???

Dang if I wouldn't almost EXPECT them to kill my motors...
Passing the pressure test may have caught me, too, off guard but "if it sounds too good....." (you know the rest..)

Glad all parties involved in the transaction are corresponding properly.
Old 11-11-2004, 04:49 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mcollinstn

Passing the pressure test may have caught me, too, off guard but "if it sounds too good....." (you know the rest..)

kinda what i was thinking....
Old 11-11-2004, 06:32 PM
Registered

Received 293 Likes on 107 Posts

my last comment - used parts = usually a much bigger risk than buying new.

most used items can be a bargain , but there are certain items that would be a no no. every used item i have ever sold comes with a money back agreement. your not 100% happy i take the items back.seeing that said party is a advertiser here on oso- i would want to belive that the right thing will be done .... ......
Old 11-12-2004, 06:02 PM
Darkhorse468

Originally Posted by mcollinstn

I gotta tell ya too, he posted pix with the add, and they looked really nice, when I got them I put like 100+psi through them and they held for two days, not an inch lost...and they looked REALLY nice in person. During run and tune, they never leaked once, only when a sustained heating and cooling cycle occured a few times, the JB crap flexed and cracked and began to leak.