Notices

American Hotrod

Old 12-04-2004, 03:04 PM
Stillcrazy

Default Re: American Hotrod

Hey Guys,
Looking to build a Cobra Kit car but the field is to big and confusing. Anyone have any experience to share? Good or bad.

Old 12-04-2004, 03:40 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Stillcrazy
Hey Guys,
Looking to build a Cobra Kit car but the field is to big and confusing. Anyone have any experience to share? Good or bad.
There are some brothers out of Utah called " Kirkham".. theirs are almost dead knock offs of the real 427 s roadsters. Their bodies are aluminum like the originals... ( made in a MIG factory in Poland ) . I don't know if they sell theirs as a kit or not. But they are the closest to the real thing that I have seen. There are lots of fiberglass replicas... but to the trained eye they are easy to spot as a fake.
Old 12-04-2004, 04:17 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by open72
i think the only good show is dream car garage.
Great show. Two Canadian guys that do hot rod/restoration work in Canada, do no-nonsense cars and drive some great high $$$ or extremely special car each week.

The Speed channel has some other good shows, but the trend towards the import/tuner market is evident.

Brad.
Old 12-04-2004, 11:09 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I cant stand pimp my ride .. I big stereo and 20 inch rims does not a nice car make
Old 12-04-2004, 11:26 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 259 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by Stillcrazy
Hey Guys,

if you are looking for the biggest bang for the buck Factory Five is tough to beat. it is a very high quality kit and very comprehensive.
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 12-07-2004, 08:59 AM
Stillcrazy

Originally Posted by glassdave
if you are looking for the biggest bang for the buck Factory Five is tough to beat. it is a very high quality kit and very comprehensive.
Answered back a while back but I am having trouble with AOL cutting me off. These are the places I have been to. I am looking for someone that has had experience with one of them. Good or Bad.
E-M Cobrra, McMichael Motorsports, Factory Five Racing, Street Beasts, Superperformance, Hunters Cobra Kits, Carcepts, Midstates Classic Cars, ERA Replica Auto, Classic Roadsters, Cobra Replicar, Shelby Auto Inc, Holden Motorsports, B & B Roadster, R & W's Cobra Kit, Shell Valley Inc, Gen iv Cobras
SEE WHAT I MEAN?

Old 12-07-2004, 10:31 AM
Registered

Received 730 Likes on 327 Posts

I hav eto second the Dream Car Garage show. These guys take a season to complete one car.

ed
Old 12-07-2004, 10:47 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What about the show RIDES on TLC?I watched Rad rides by troy build Joe Rogans(fear factor host) '70 Cuda.Real nice car nice show
Old 12-07-2004, 11:00 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Originally Posted by Baja Fresh
Boyd Coddington used to be a highly respected rod builder and his cars always draw big press, audiences and $$$. After watching this show and the bumbling fools on it I wouldn’t let them work on a skateboard let alone a high dollar rod!
My thoughts exactly.

Why would a business man want to let the world see his operation in that way.
Old 12-07-2004, 11:07 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by amarket1
What about the show RIDES on TLC?I watched Rad rides by troy build Joe Rogans(fear factor host) '70 Cuda.Real nice car nice show
Some episodes of Rides are pretty cool, although Jason Priestly's voice annoys me for some reason. Wish they had a different narrator.

Quick Reply: American Hotrod

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.