Notices

American Hotrod

Old 12-07-2004, 11:08 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: American Hotrod

Sad show.... almost painful to watch... they don't have nowhere near the personalities of the OCC crew.... but I do watch it

Blue Bear should've been beat over the head with that bent wrench he took back to Sears Any real mechanic has a drawer full of cheap wrenches to bend, grind or whatever it takes to get the job done
Old 12-07-2004, 11:15 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by rainmn
Some episodes of Rides are pretty cool, although Jason Priestly's voice annoys me for some reason. Wish they had a different narrator.

I had no Idea that it was his voice. Wow learn something new everyday.
Old 12-07-2004, 11:16 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by amarket1
What about the show RIDES on TLC?I watched Rad rides by troy build Joe Rogans(fear factor host) '70 Cuda.Real nice car nice show
That was a nice show. I`ve known Troy for about 15 years now and he lives about ten miles away from here. One of the services I provide is paintless dent removal. Every once in a while Troy will call when he has a problem. I was up there just a couple of weeks ago to fix a couple of dents in a car that he was working on. His dad is up there a lot and not once have I ever heard him call Troy ''Numb Nuts''.
Old 12-07-2004, 11:21 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

I have seen some of Troys cars in mags and he and Foose are in my mind are 2of the best.
Back to American Hotrod why did Blue Bear get the Ax?
Did he finish that car he was building to race Boyd? Did they race and who won?
I watched last Friday and nothing happened.It does not come on here til Fri nights.
Old 12-07-2004, 11:34 AM
Registered

I`ve got it! Blue Bear can go to work for OCC! Either big Paul will straighten him up or he will do a full ''Mikey'' and not be worth a crap to anyone.
Old 12-07-2004, 12:00 PM
Stillcrazy

When I moved to Florida I heard that they just couldn't find good workers. What I have found out in the last 20 years is that it was poor management, not the workers. I came from the North, managing over a hundred tech's in 5 areas with the Steel workers union overseeing. So I am well versed in being handicaped with people that are protected. It is up to the manager. The buck stops there.

Old 12-07-2004, 12:19 PM
Registered

I have had some of my vehicles featured on Rides. They did a segment on my buddy, Mike Lavallee of killerpaint.com, and the true fire technique he has pioneered. They had us bring down some of our toys he did for our business, my 28"Nordic, Hummer, and my business partners helicopter. It was pretty cool to see them film it. These shows are all about exposure, and getting your name out to the masses, and not just the select few that know whats going on in the industry. Who ever heard of Jesse James a few years ago, and now he is a household name, making far more on merchandise, and endorsements than he ever could in selling custom motorcycles
Attached Thumbnails American Hotrod-cropped0013236-r1-033-15.jpg  

Last edited by beer truck; 12-07-2004 at 12:26 PM.
Old 12-07-2004, 12:39 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love Overhaulin, and agree with everyone about boyd.

Foose is an awesome , humble from my impression, talented individual. his art work is amazing in it's own right.

Personally, I love the emotional side of the show (overhaulin) . I can relate with a 1937 ford and a 1970 buick rotting away in my barn with no time and enough expendable income to redo them ( ok...i could sell the boat )...

I was at SEMA and they filmed over the whole week, an episode of restoring a classic mustang. I was at the garage area in the convention Hall at the time of the "reveal" and should get my mug on TV. it will air on Dec 14!!!! The story was the son "lost" dads car in a vegas bet and the dad was devastated. when he saw the finished car he about broke down and had a heart attack.

after that highlight of the week i was walking back to our booth and saw Courtney. she is so awesome and so full of personality. she asked me which episode i like the most ( silver vette btw) and she got a little teary up about the revel just minutes ago . yuo have to admit, there is emotion about our toys, the only acceptable emotion allowed by any studly dude right??. she signed a little post card of her for me ... it says, "thanks for watching Rob...... she said Rob........

anyway. Foose is awesome.

watch on the 14th.

Ramb

Last edited by Rambunctious; 12-07-2004 at 12:42 PM.
Old 12-07-2004, 12:40 PM
Registered

Blue Beyotch finally got fired because he ignored Boyd and refused to box in the frame in the rat rod build off and when Boyd confronted him about it Blue-Beyotch siad he didn't care who the boss was..

There are some very talented people on that show.. Mike, Charlie, Roy.. I was on the Americn Hot Rod forum and found out that Charlie quit and went to work for Chip Foose, Blue-Beyotch is already working for another hot rod builder.
Old 12-07-2004, 12:41 PM
Registered

here is a picture of the Hummer and Nordic
Attached Thumbnails American Hotrod-les-schwabb3_edited.jpg  

Quick Reply: American Hotrod

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.