West coast/Havasu regulars >

West coast/Havasu regulars

Notices

West coast/Havasu regulars

Old 12-28-2004, 01:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: West coast/Havasu regulars

I took the family there for this last Thanks Giving, we had great time because there was really nobody out there

As far as going there in July... too hot
4th of July weekend... too crowded, your post said fights and drunks are not your forte, then I would say for sure pick another weekend

Our last trip there, no boats beyond 36ft allowed in the channel, no boats are welcome to launch or be docked in the Marina that are louder than 86db's

We stayed at the Nautical inn, however beaching our boat was some what a pain in the ass (29ft SCARAB) the shore was a little rocky, so I ended up using their docks, we were not suppose to, but I did anyway, turns out the wind kicked up the morning we were leaving and the dock ended up taking a little chunk of gelcoat on the back of the boat my fault, my risk no big deal it was a great weekend so I didn't let it bother me too much

I did use the launch ramp at the Nautical to load, and there was no problem, at first they said I could not launch there because the water was too low, but I loaded and I did in one shot, even with the strong current and wind

In my opinion the LBR is the most convenient to stay, when you book your room you can reserve a dock space, they are usually about $20.00 a night and they give you a little tag to put on your boat to show it belongs there...1pc of advice, if your good at docking, get your nose as far in as you can to one of the front slips (raise your drive all the way very shallow) but that way you reduce the risk of some idiot hitting your bow, if your first, then there is noway to go between you and another boat.

Have a great trip
Old 12-28-2004, 02:49 PM
Registered

I have ALWAYS had a great time in Havasu. I have NEVER gone on a holiday.

Prefer Nautical Inn, but probably because I am familiar. They seem like they actually LIKE boats.
Old 12-28-2004, 05:37 PM
Registered

Like SR said I have a house out there and could probably work something out with you if you wanted to use it. I usually don't rent to the summer crowd but I could make an exception. I personally would not go near the lake on July 4th, but I just can't stand the crowds. It is definitely a show if you have the patience. If I can help you let me know.

Chris
Old 12-28-2004, 06:26 PM
Masher touches my
Gold Member

They never enforce size of boat at Havasu, I've seen many 38+ boats in the channel. You can beach your boat at the Nautical or rent a slip, or you can rent slip at the London Bridge Resort. I've seen plenty of big Skaters, 38' Top Guns, Gladiators etc tied up at both places. We never stay at either, the hotels are too noisy and dirty.
You can call McCulloch Vacations Rentals, 928-855-2222. They have a couple of hundred house in all price ranges, from 100 or so a night to 500.00 a night, three bedrooms up to five or six bedrooms with boat deep garages, pools, spas, pool tables etc.. The houses are beautiful inside, well the more expensive ones are, and it gets you ou of the party scene at the hotels.
Plus you can cook or barbeque, watch movies and have a safe place for your kids.
As far as fourth of July, BIG MISTAKE!!!! Way too crouded. After the fire works this year my wife dropped me off at the boat ramp, 2 mile line and four hours later 1:00am we were putting the boat on the trailer. I will never go on a big weekend again. Plus they close the sandbar. It just sucks all the way around, dont take my word for it though, its something you may want to try for yourself.
Old 12-28-2004, 06:30 PM
Registered

Cool Re: West coast/Havasu regulars

It's been my experience that the Fourth is not as crowded as Memorial or Labor Day. Still crowded...but not too crazy...

...probably cuz it's so flippin hot (bring the 100 SPF sunblock).

The following week after a holiday weekend is always very calm. We used to vacation the week after, just to watch the crowds roll outta town (with a massive hangover), and then have the lake to ourselves (best of both worlds).

A slip on the 4th weekend is going to be tough to get...book now, or forever hold your peace. The Island Inn is a nice little hotel (and cheap) on the island, but no overnight parking in the channel anymore. You'd have to trailer your boat if you couldn't get a slip.
Old 12-28-2004, 06:33 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Havasu looks like a good hang.Any speed limits on the water?Do they break your balls on the water[loud boats with drunken retards]
Old 12-28-2004, 06:42 PM
Masher touches my
Gold Member

No speed limits, never heard of any one getting stopped for noise. I know the private marina in the Channel wont let you in there if you excede his decible limit. They are four or five other places were nobody says a word to you. The marina is private and he's a real ___hole any ways. Gas is too expensive too. You can buy avgas at a few of stations in town for just over two bucks, you can also find race fuel in town.
The only thing I've seen them enforce is speeding in the nowake zone (channel), flashing tits. And when the channel gets full (see fourth of July) they wont let any one in for while until it clears out some.
Old 12-28-2004, 06:45 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by BADKACHINA
No speed limits, never heard of any one getting stopped for noise. I know the private marina in the Channel wont let you in there if you excede his decible limit. They are four or five other places were nobody says a word to you. The marina is private and he's a real ___hole any ways. Gas is too expensive too. You can buy avgas at a few of stations in town for just over two bucks, you can also find race fuel in town.
The only thing I've seen them enforce is speeding in the nowake zone (channel), flashing tits. And when the channel gets full (see fourth of July) they wont let any one in for while until it clears out some.
So in your words its worth the trip.What are some of the speeds of the faster boats?
Old 12-28-2004, 06:51 PM
Registered

Cool Re: West coast/Havasu regulars

Originally Posted by JCPERF
So in your words its worth the trip.What are some of the speeds of the faster boats?
There's a couple 150 MPH + cats (like Blings), but most of the fast guys are in the 100-130 MPH range. It's not easy to make power in 110 degree heat...
Old 12-28-2004, 06:52 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by JCPERF
It's worth the trip, but I wouldn't go near there on the 4th, especially if you're looking for speed runs. I'd say some of the faster cats out there are in the 150-160+ range, but you're not going to see anywhere near that on a holiday weekend.

HH, I think you meant to bring the 1,000 SPF sunblock for the 4th.

Personally, I'll be going to Coronado again for the 4th. 80 degrees or so, chilly at night, no fights or drunken holiday weekend Havasu bs to contend with.

Quick Reply: West coast/Havasu regulars

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.