West coast/Havasu regulars

Notices

West coast/Havasu regulars

Old 12-28-2004, 07:51 PM
Masher touches my
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: West coast/Havasu regulars

Screw that place on the a big weekend, I learned my lesson. But if somebody really wants to go and asked me(at least once) I'd probably do it again!!!!! For everything that is unpleasant about that lake there are ten things I'd like to see again. You just have to figure out ways to beat the system. I launched at Cat Tail Cove last Fourth of July, its 1/2 hour south of the city but it was clean and organized, no waiting what so-ever, but that was after getting screwed at site 6 for four hours the night before. We usually eat breakfast up at Topock, 45 min drive through the canyons up the river by boat, to get away from the crouds but the drive is well worth it. Its almost the best part of the whole trip. So to answer Havasu Hangin's question, "would you go back agian on a big weekend?" in a New York minute I'd go back. Every one I convince not to go there on a holiday weekend makes one less person in line in front of me........ Stay away.........LOL...........
Old 12-28-2004, 08:06 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Havasu Hangin
But given the chance, would you go back again on a big weekend?
Nope.... I'd go to Lake Powell and never return to that hole. The extra drive is worth every mile when you compare Havasu to Powell.... I live in Los Angeles... If I want to deal with big crowds all I have to do is go somewhere along the Sunset strip on a weekend.... I can't stand driving 5 hrs to not even be able to walk along the sidewalk by the Bridge. My idea of boating is getting in your boat and heading out ... not idleing along under the bridge like I'm on Sunset looking for *****. That is why Powell is so great... you can go there on the busiest holiday weekend and still find your own secluded camping area. Or if you are bold... you can tie up along the sheer cliffs or an overhang. You just can't get off the boat.

Last edited by Reed Jensen; 12-28-2004 at 08:12 PM.
Old 12-28-2004, 08:19 PM
Emerald Coast of Florida
Gold Member

Goto Powell, Mead or Mojave. Havazoo is a mad house on holidays. Expect to pay over $300/night and New noise ordance goes into effect on the Cali side Jan 1st. Az doesn't really have one. Head to Mead or Mojave and stay in Vegas or head to Powell and camp. Last year at Mead we waited for 2 hrs to launch and 3 hours to trailer(Callville Bay), the wait was longer at LV Marina, and it was 113....
Old 12-28-2004, 08:19 PM
Registered

Cool Re: West coast/Havasu regulars

Originally Posted by Reed Jensen
Nope....
I was just making sure, since you wern't very clear on your original post...
Old 12-28-2004, 11:57 PM
Charter Member #9/ Moderator
Charter Member

Hey FastBoat,
How's it going? I believe the last time I saw you was when you came out to the Advantage regatta a couple of years ago.

I guess your friends want to go through the Havasu Experience. Like all of the others on here, I haven't been going there on holiday weekends for the reasons stated.

Save yourself a few hundred miles and stop at Lake Powell. No hardcore parties...but some of the most beautiful scenery on the planet earth.
Old 12-29-2004, 10:05 AM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

You guys are all pu$$y's!!!

All you guys talk sh!t because you are go to Havasu plenty and have gotten sick of the BS on the big weekend. But the BS is normal at any party spot on a big weekend....Come on, everyone should experience havasu on a big weekend at least once in their lives! ESPECIALLY if you're single

Last edited by thisistank; 12-29-2004 at 10:08 AM.
Old 12-29-2004, 10:08 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by thisistank
ESPECIALLY if you're single
Yeah, because there isn't enough sausage out there already looking to hook up. If you just want to go and check it out without getting smacked around by a wife or a g/f, that's one thing. If you head out there thinking you're going to hook up, good luck. The sausage to dish ratio on a big weekend is probably in the neighborhood of 5 to 1.
Old 12-29-2004, 10:30 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah.... plan on bringing your own girlfriend... it was a huge sausage fest when I went there...
Old 12-29-2004, 10:32 AM
Registered

Cool Re: West coast/Havasu regulars

When I was single...the only guys complaining about "sausage fest" were the guys who couldn't get any chicks...

Old 12-29-2004, 10:53 AM
Registered

Thumbs up Re: West coast/Havasu regulars

Havy on the 4th, is a great time!!

There is more of a family crowd on the 4th than most other big weekends. (not too much rifraf)
Here are my recommendations for an easy going party'n weekend.

Get to the launch ramp early 7:00-8:00ish, hit the channel for parking spot and have a few frosty cold beverages, then off around 12:00 for the mini sandbar for great sights and more frosty cold's, pack a lunch so you don't have to fight any crowds. Get off the water around 4:30 beet the crwds, then do a beer and team wipe down on the rides-did I say more beers.Then let the night begin with your choice of good resturant and bars,

Dam, this is making me crazy, come on summer

I would also recommend looking into the new Hotel in the channel, AGAVE INN, they have a seawall you can park at overnight. Length wouldn't be an issue! good luck

Quick Reply: West coast/Havasu regulars

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.