Like Tree0Likes

Did TimG delete his thread?

Reply
Old 01-11-2005, 04:57 PM
  #61
VIP Member
VIP Member
 
lucky strike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pompano Beach, Florida
My Boats: Using LS JR. TG
Posts: 8,467
Default Re: Did TimG delete his thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jawbreakerkid
Dave, your krunk is a little warped, but solid gold none the less.....

as i said before, there is nothing personal with bobby. i just hate to see a really great boat being ragged on, which could possibly hurt the reputation or future sales price. in fact, i had the opportunity to talk with the new owner of the Maxx boat this afternoon. he confirmed by assumptions of the boat and has invited me to see the boat in person to clear up any misconceptions on its condition. he is extremely happy with the boat and is preparing to take it to the next level with a nice repower package. i wish him the best of luck with it! i'm happy to see it went to an owner that appreciates it for what it really is.

chad
Anyone would be happy with the boat, it's a great boat if that is the set-up you want. I'm sure once he throws a few bucks in it, it will become what it shoud be . Throw a set of 700's in there and you got a 100mph boat. I hope Steve has a great time with the boat, get him on OSO and let's see the pics during upgrade . Hey Chad you coming to the Miami?

LS JR.
__________________
www.mercedeshowroom.com
lucky strike is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 05:04 PM
  #62
Registered
Thread Starter
 
jawbreakerkid's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: IL / LOTO
My Boats: 2001 Top Gun T/S
Posts: 1,930
Default Re: Did TimG delete his thread?

LS, Jr.- agreed, it will defenitely be a contender when he is finished.

regarding Miami, i doubt that i will make it. we are scheduled to have examiners at the bank during the month of Feb, so i'm pretty much tied down. however, i will be out of the country for 10 days in early april for my honeymoon. definitely looking forward to that.... but then again, i may slip away for the weekend and show up in SoBe anyway!

Chad
jawbreakerkid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 05:23 PM
  #63
Charter Mod
Charter Member
 
BLee's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: E Dock
My Boats: Cigarette - "90MPH" Edition
Posts: 6,551
Default Re: Did TimG delete his thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky strike
Jeffrey's buddy sold his 2003 Gladiator with Staggered 525efi's and 50 hrs for $175k.

(LS JR.) BOBBY

That is not the standard by which a boat like that will go for. That was an extremely good deal.
BLee is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 05:42 PM
  #64
Registered
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Albany NY
My Boats: 54' Searay, 31' Rinker, 12' AB Inflatible CC
Posts: 5,180
Default Re: Did TimG delete his thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky strike
Chad, I'm not changing my story. I still feel the same way I did when I looked at it. It has the set-up we want but it wasn't in the condition we really wanted. It is all fixable, just depends on how much $$$ you have to spend. Yes, I was excited after viewing it, HOW COULD YOU NOT BE? The boat looked much better (appearence wise) then the pics. If the boat would still be for sale it would still be on our list but it's NOT. I'm not trying to give the boat a bad rap, but you can't compare it to the other 3. It's just not the same caliber.

Tbone-Forumla Outlaw gave great advice and I'm trying to drop it, but Chad keeps bringing this up. If you want to know exactly how I feel Chad, give me a call 954-328-2022 and we can dicuss this like men instead of over a computer.

(LS JR.) BOBBY
Bobby, You state you are not trying to give the boat a bad rap. But thats exactly the impression you have put into 20,000 members minds by your comments. Plain and simple its just not true. Tres could have rigged it in a 1/2 hour, I dont care. the boat is nicer than 99.9% of all performance boats on the market and you have damaged the boats reputation by your statements. You ever here the statement loose lips sink ships ??. You might cost Steve money out of his pocket on resale just by someone researching its history and finding your statements. No one ever asked you for your personal insight on the boat, you just came out swinging hard, and I take offence to that. We are still friends here on the board, but i think you are wrong on your opinion and WAY off on your approach to that pic and the thread

As far as your boat goes, I mean nothing by it, not bashing it at all. Im sure there must be some reason why is hasnt sold. Nice Older Gun

See you in a few weeks
otis311 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 06:32 PM
  #65
VIP Member
VIP Member
 
lucky strike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pompano Beach, Florida
My Boats: Using LS JR. TG
Posts: 8,467
Default Re: Did TimG delete his thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTIS311
Bobby, You state you are not trying to give the boat a bad rap. But thats exactly the impression you have put into 20,000 members minds by your comments. Plain and simple its just not true. Tres could have rigged it in a 1/2 hour, I dont care. the boat is nicer than 99.9% of all performance boats on the market and you have damaged the boats reputation by your statements. You ever here the statement loose lips sink ships ??. You might cost Steve money out of his pocket on resale just by someone researching its history and finding your statements. No one ever asked you for your personal insight on the boat, you just came out swinging hard, and I take offence to that. We are still friends here on the board, but i think you are wrong on your opinion and WAY off on your approach to that pic and the thread

As far as your boat goes, I mean nothing by it, not bashing it at all. Im sure there must be some reason why is hasnt sold. Nice Older Gun

See you in a few weeks
I'll tell you the reason it hasn't sold: TRS DRIVES! If someone is seriously interested in it and is willing to make an offer were open.

That is your opinion if you think it is nice. Damaged the boat's rep? OSO is a small place compared to everyone in the world that is a high-performance boater. All those F2 boats have a rep. They have all had damage.

Bobby
__________________
www.mercedeshowroom.com
lucky strike is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 08:07 PM
  #66
Registered
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: atlantic city, NJ
Posts: 1,852
Default Re: Did TimG delete his thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLEEPER
No, probably just the typical story of a sixteen year old kid running off at the mouth about [email protected]# he doesn't have a clue about and then calling his buddy Tim G really quick and telling him to delete the thread because he saw that he looked like an idiot. Sat by and watched as the whole thing went down. The most peculiar thing about it is I could of swore several months ago when I was a mere lurker he was always talking about how he wanted/liked that boat? If I have screen names confused I apologize. Somebody please correct me if I am wrong. If I am not wrong, JR better stick to car sales because you can't get away with that type of stuff in the powerboating world it is just way too small of a world. I know for one I wouldn't buy a boat from him or a car for that matter. Also it would be wise of his father to make him get his own screen name as I often find myself confused as to which one it is SR or JR? Oh well what the hell do I know though I don't even own an Apache?
Sleeper....All you do is post negative...like they told you over in P Apache thread..buzz off sleeper your a trouble maker...
Byrdman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 09:16 PM
  #67
Registered
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Albany NY
My Boats: 54' Searay, 31' Rinker, 12' AB Inflatible CC
Posts: 5,180
Default Re: Did TimG delete his thread?

Bobby, Just my own opinion enough said. Its over with see you soon

Bob
otis311 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 09:58 PM
  #68
Registered
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
My Boats: Currently boat-less
Posts: 38
Default Re: Did TimG delete his thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTIS311
GEEEZE Bobby, go back and look at what you say about your dads boat and then take a real good look at it. Its all in the eyes of the beholder
Here is your ad JR:
1991 CIGARETTE Top Gun, 38' Platinum Series. Carbon Fiber Layup (Light & Fast). 525 SC with baby blowers. TRS drives. 439 total hours on hull, new engines & headers. Full cabin with all Cigarette options. Swim Platform. A/C. White dash with white gauges. Gray snap-in carpet. All original, kept high and dry always. Must see to appreciate. Extra pictures available.

JR. you are the one that just came out and started bashing the Maxx boat for no apparent reason, nobody asked for your opinion you just started running off at the mouth. Now you are trying to back peddle and say it is a nice boat just not as clean as we would of thought it would have been for a 2000, well that is just BS you made it out to be a dog. If you want to talk about boats why don't we talk about yours? It seems as though you are always posting pictures of you and the rest of your family out on your boat, but for some reason the hours never change on your advertisement. I guess you just like the ring to 439 huh? Just like you like those white powdercoated mufflers, surprised you didn't try and say those are good for a few mph. Well you're right about kept high and dry, I seem to remember that boat being stored on a lift behind a condo complex in Delray probably about ten years ago. I think you should take Bob's advice and take another look at your dads boat, after all if you truly knew jack sh$% about cigarettes you would know that early 90's carbon fiber top-guns had structural issues. In fact most of them had to go back to the factory to get the floors cut out so the sides of the boat could be reinforced. If this hasn't been done to your dads boat it more than likely needs to be. You had mentioned before in a previous thread that you could literally take your thumb and push against the side of your dads boat and see it move back and forth. Here is the thread: http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...ight=maxx+boat
Oh yeah I forgot though Craig told his customer he couldn't think of anything negative to say about it so that means it okay because Craig said so, I mean Craig wouldn't just say that to make a buck no way no how. Yeah right! I would like to say that just because you call and extract information out of those that are in the know and the fact that you have a digital camera by no means makes you an expert/authority on cigarettes or any powerboats for that matter. BTW, in almost every picture you post of yourself you are wearing that same yellow T-shirt. Do you have uniforms at the school you go to? If not and things are truly that tight around the homestead and every penny is going for that new top-gun just say the word and we will start a T-shirt fund for you. I am sure with all the advertisers on OSO we could get you some new T-shirts. Oh well what the hell do I know though I don't even own an Apache!
Oh and another thing, you say the reason why your boat hasn't sold is due to the TRS drives. Huh that is just one reason how about TRS Drives, cable steering, carbon model, and the paint. However I really am partial to the Chicken scratch cigarette top gun on the fairing sides. That's real nice. How do you like a little dose of your own medicine JR?
SLEEPER is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 10:01 PM
  #69
Registered
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
My Boats: Currently boat-less
Posts: 38
Default Re: Did TimG delete his thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by byrdman
Sleeper....All you do is post negative...like they told you over in P Apache thread..buzz off sleeper your a trouble maker...
I love you too Byrdman. I don't post often is what you meant to say right?
SLEEPER is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 10:16 PM
  #70
Registered
 
stecz20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: San Francisco CA
My Boats: I am Jersey's B!tch
Posts: 7,772
Default Re: Did TimG delete his thread?

hey sleeper lay off... not really needed... we get it, you sound like one of those tough guys that hides behind his computer. why dont you go pop the neighbors dog again and know your place. this is a public forum which i pay to be a member, why dont you dig into those deep pockets with those short arms, then we might hear you. looks like you just like to stir up s h i t.... both parties have valid points, and both i consider friends. relax tough guy before you get served like the other punk did. before you know it, your boss will have you bent over the chair spanking your a s s like our buddy lilldeauce.....
stecz20 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
cobra marty
General Q & A
3
06-08-2007 11:53 AM
Cash Bar
General Boating Discussion
5
02-20-2006 11:40 PM



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:31 PM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.