Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Speed Limt Law on Winnipesaukee!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/94469-speed-limt-law-winnipesaukee.html)

DoTheMath 01-19-2005 01:58 PM

Re: Speed Limt Law on Winnipesaukee!!!

Lol! :d :d

Sean H 01-19-2005 01:58 PM

it was all a misunderstanding, it was 145, not 45....... :D

good luck guys, it is a slippery slope with regulations like that.... hopefully never at LOTO!!! :eek:

CMG 01-19-2005 02:16 PM

Early this am I e-mailed back and forth with the sponsor of the bill, Jim Pilliod, he claimed was asked by the marinas to pursue the law. Well, there were marinas present and not one was in favor. The one marina that went unmentioned (Fay's junk yard) did not bother showing up, a lot a vague references to wakes and reckless operation, nothing related to speed. When he was done he walked out :rolleyes: , then the actual owners of the marinas made their case along with an attorney, local residents and a bass fisherman.
The best is when the director of MP gave his point of view. There is no need for the law along with no way to enforce. Some reps tried questioning in a way that would implicate speed, he held his ground. the best is when a resident, the one opposed, went on and on about how is frightened to go out in his 21 foot boat. You'd think the mafia (sound familiar?) was waiting for him on the water. He went as far to accuse a MP for coming to close to him at a high speed. A rep baited him and asked if he found offshore'rs to be arrogant, he then said we are a bunch of young and rich people with no respect for anyone. It was over for him soon after, the more he spoke he got many laughs from the gallery. There is a sub-committee later today but based on the testimony its dead. The next time we see the MP's we should all wave and say THANK YOU!! We would have saved a lot of time if it ended after the directors testimony.

DoTheMath 01-19-2005 02:21 PM

Thanks for the update Chris!!! Good news! :D

mopower 01-19-2005 02:50 PM

Cool :cool:
Sounds the the biggest protester FOR the speed limit was one of our best assets :D

Pantera1 01-19-2005 03:05 PM

Glad to hear it , sounds like it went well ..So Merrill fay wasnt even there ?? He was probably busy cleaning up the boat yard..
Ok before you guys jump all over me ..Im a plumber and after the sub-zero temps last night I had frozen pipes and one no heat calls allnight and day ..Just got home , missed the meeting ..
I know Iknow I swore I would attend .. But business is business :D

Offshore Observer 01-19-2005 03:07 PM

Rattlesnake Gal here, (the trouble maker who stared the poll on the other fourm) tried resigning up yesterday under my normal name, but for some reason I can’t log in that way. I even got the confirmation e-mail. Perhaps it is because I used the same e-mail address? :confused:
Anyway, I have been dropping by every now and again under this name, but have not posted. Not because I’m chicken, but because we do not own an offshore boat. I enjoy ALL boats and am lucky to have a great vantage point to see a lot of them. Maybe one day I will get the pleasure of being a passenger on one of these amazing machines. (With an experienced captain that is.)
I would like to reiterate what I posted over on the other forum. The opinions and antagonistic views of a few forum members are just that, their opinions. You really shouldn’t lump us all together. I am starting to get offended! LOL. ;) We have a large number of wonderful members, as do you. Many people stay away from hot debates so they don’t get stuck in the mire.
There is definitely room for both forums. One being tame and one for a walk on the wild side, having a choice is a grand thing. It’s what the USA is all about.
Keep in mind certain people (you know who I mean) love to spar in a good intellectual debate and will do anything to get their fix. My advice it to just ignore him. Responding rewards bad behavior.
Lastly, be nice to the Webmaster over there, he is a great guy. Remember it is his prerogative to implement his vision of what his website should be. E-mail him if you have a problem with your membership. He is a fair man.
Okay, one more last thing, well maybe two. Some of the photos on this site are simply amazing! (I am such a picture junkie.)
And Wahoo on the speed limit thing!
Does this post make me a MafiOSO? :evilb:

CMG 01-19-2005 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by Pantera1
Glad to hear it , sounds like it went well ................ But business is business :D

You really should have made it - as a concession to the old fogies we voted you off the lake. :D

DoTheMath 01-19-2005 03:17 PM

Hey RG - Welcome! Glad to have you on here... and I am all to familiar with the folks on the Winni site - I know you from over there and you are one of the (few) good ones!!

And being on here doesn't make you a Mafi-OSO, it makes you a boater, as we all are.

For The Love Of the Sport!!!
:D

-Mark-

Pantera1 01-19-2005 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by CMG
You really should have made it - as a concession to the old fogies we voted you off the lake. :D

:D :D Ill be glad to leave the lake .."If ya can catch me !" :D :D