Like Tree0Likes

anyone know this cafe???

Old 03-06-2005, 11:49 AM
Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member

Default Re: anyone know this cafe???

t500hps are you still selling your Formula?

Craig you wanting to move up already?
Old 03-06-2005, 11:53 AM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member
Trade Score: (1)

Good gawd that thing is beautiful! I doubt you could find a brand new boat that looks as good as that one.
Old 03-06-2005, 12:19 PM
RHC
Registered

500,s ,, Yes, I do know the owner,, about 5hrs worth,, when my drive broke in Sav. 3yrs ago they were nice enough to take us to town on Sun... The boat is clean ,, well taken care of ,, and Mec. well presented ,, I can not speak to its value, that is between the seller and the buyer... I respect your answer to me . I just watch this board alot and to many times People try to get off the question by giving there own desires and position,, which have nothing to do with the question!! Havin said that I hope your friend finds the right boat for him,,,, after all ,,, its about the quality time one spends using his boat ,, not the time spent working on it.
Unless of course its TOO OLD!!
Old 03-06-2005, 12:58 PM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My Boats: Azimut

Boat looks super clean.

If he pays that price he will kiss $40-45k good bye instantly in value.

Like Craig said around $80k.
Old 03-06-2005, 01:05 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

My Boats: 2003 28 Pantera - SOLD

I'd still take LS over that.
Old 03-06-2005, 01:09 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

My Boats: 00 Cig Tiger,74 Cig 20'

Quote:
Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
Its pretty for sure and seems well maintained, but hats alot of money for a cafe,he could get a TG for less.Dan B on the board has a sweet cafe for sale too, its in the classifieds.
RHC, first off I complemented the boat, it is a pretty boat and well maintained. I made no remark concerning the owner, for him to keep his boat in this shape I wouldnt be surprised that he is a good guy that respects people and equipment, most that take pride in thier own do. I merely stated that that was alot of money for a cafe, as I just was looking at cafe's, TG's and finally found the Tiger I bought. I even suggested another meticulously kept cafe of a member here to look at as a comparison, maybe not item for item as Dans cafe is NA, but none the less, a cafe'. It is HIS money and he can spend it anyway he sees fit, mentioning things to help a freind of another member to make an educated decison isnt a bad thing, dont be so thin skinned. NOONE said it was a bad boat, craig even came back after re reading the ad and changed his post. I can speak as a buyer though, because I just went through it, and the words from some of the people here educated me on what to look for and what to look OUT for... Dont forget that the sum of the parts may be worth more than the whole...Rob

Last edited by offshoredrillin; 03-06-2005 at 01:12 PM.
Old 03-06-2005, 01:49 PM
S.O.B (single O/B) now
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckless32
t500hps are you still selling your Formula?

Craig you wanting to move up already?
Went over the tax issue with the CPA late last week. I am going to sit on it for now. If I can bust my a$$ and increase my income enough between now and this summer I'll be ok. Otherwise, I'll have to unload it to pay next years taxes.

Last edited by t500hps; 03-06-2005 at 07:25 PM.
Old 03-06-2005, 07:25 PM
S.O.B (single O/B) now
Platinum Member

OK the rest of you....ignore this response to Reckless and tell me what you think.
Old 03-06-2005, 08:36 PM
Registered

My Boats: boatless

I don't know the boat, but I like cafe's and that boat looks awsome, plus if Rhc says its nice I'd take a look at it. He is maticulaous with his boat and it is gorgeous.
Old 03-06-2005, 08:46 PM
Registered

My Boats: 330SS Formula 496's

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHC
It is always amazing to me how some of you guys respond to a posters questions!!! The question was do any of you know this boat???? Not what would you do? or what is your choice in boats!! Why would you try to convince a buyer to buy a Top Gun, when, he is looking at a Cafe????
Nope ... one of the questions was "anyone know this cafe?" the other question was "what would it be worth" .. which then opens the door, wide open, to all the $$$$ and TG comparisons .... and some of us did qualify saying "assuming a TG would be something you'd want compared to a Cafe"
Quote:
Originally Posted by RHC
Look at the extras on this boat ,,,, 540 engines ,,, Imco upgrades and the upgrades on the engines and engine compartment!!! If the dollars to do those things were on the table in front of you,, this would be a 80-90K piece ,, however if you take those same dollars and put them in the boat ,,,, now maybe the boat is closer to the asking price,,,, come on now ----- you get what you pay for ..
Everyone complimented the rig ... and even spoke about the 'upgrades' ... still doesn't change it's a 1994 Cafe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RHC
Yes ,, I know this boat ,, it is very clean,,, it runs well,, the speeds in the real world are not misrepresented . I think your friend and you should take the time to check this boat out, If he wants a nice Cafe,,, It is the real deal!! RHC
Sounds like a personal testimony ... from someone who 'knows' the boat ... exactly what Russ was looking for in response to one of his questions. Good job RHC It is a very nice piece and now with RHC's endorsement we'll see just what it SELLS for.