Notices

anyone know this cafe???

Old 03-06-2005, 08:03 AM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts
Question anyone know this cafe???

A friend of mine is looking at Cigs hard. He wants to go look at this cafe. It's got the be the most expensive one out there, but look at the attention to detail on this rig. Anyone know the boat/ owner. What would it be worth? My guess was 100K-110K tops.

http://www.iboats.com/cgi-bin/marine...gi?id=59936-ad
Attached Thumbnails anyone know this cafe???-1994-cafe.jpg  

Last edited by t500hps; 03-06-2005 at 08:08 AM. Reason: post the #$@% photo
Old 03-06-2005, 08:26 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts
Default Re: anyone know this cafe???

I would guess 80-85K Max. It really doesn't matter how nice the owner (or broker ) thinks it's is, it's an 11 year old boat and the engines have 166 hours on them. A boat is worth exactly what you can get someone to pay for it!!!!

Tell your friend that I'll sell him my Bullet for 100K. It's got newer engines, paint and interior...and is faster!!!
Old 03-06-2005, 08:27 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Great looking Cafe Race! If he likes it and it surveys well, make an offer.
110,000 tops.
Good Luck.
Old 03-06-2005, 08:31 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Its pretty for sure and seems well maintained, but hats alot of money for a cafe,he could get a TG for less.Dan B on the board has a sweet cafe for sale too, its in the classifieds.
Old 03-06-2005, 08:37 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

After looking at the ad a little closer, I've got to say that it's a very nice boat...but have your friend look at all of the Cafe' Racers out there and what they are advertised for. Keep in mind that boats rarely sell for the asking price!!!

I'll up my ante on what I think the boat is worth...90K
Old 03-06-2005, 08:53 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What up Russ, Very nice, IMCO's polished lowers, everything 'looks' well maintained for sure. Re-done rear seat and interior look mint. Engines also look great. I w/ C223 and Offshore, the boat is still few years old, w/hours on the mills and you can def get a TG for that money, assuming a TG what be something you'd want compared to a Cafe

I'd be offering way less than his $129,000 asking price and would think more in the 90K range ... probably insulting as h3ll from where "he's" at, but #$%* &% it's my money!
Old 03-06-2005, 09:05 AM
Registered

80... if you really love it and have to have that one. like was said before it's 11 years old with some time on the motors. besides at that price i'd have to look at a top gun!
Old 03-06-2005, 09:39 AM
RHC
Registered

It is always amazing to me how some of you guys respond to a posters questions!!! The question was do any of you know this boat???? Not what would you do? or what is your choice in boats!! Why would you try to convince a buyer to buy a Top Gun, when, he is looking at a Cafe????

Look at the extras on this boat ,,,, 540 engines ,,, Imco upgrades and the upgrades on the engines and engine compartment!!! If the dollars to do those things were on the table in front of you,, this would be a 80-90K piece ,, however if you take those same dollars and put them in the boat ,,,, now maybe the boat is closer to the asking price,,,, come on now ----- you get what you pay for ..

Yes ,, I know this boat ,, it is very clean,,, it runs well,, the speeds in the real world are not misrepresented . I think your friend and you should take the time to check this boat out, If he wants a nice Cafe,,, It is the real deal!! RHC
Old 03-06-2005, 10:07 AM
Registered

Received 97 Likes on 41 Posts

It is owned by a detailer from the Atlanta area, I meet him a couple of years ago while we were both on the Jacksonville poker run. He didn't have the boat there, but we talk boats all weekend, he's a nice guy. Tonto should be able to give you a frist hand take on it they both boat on Lake Lanier. I believe the owners name is Paul, and I know he put a ton of cash in the boat. Steve
Old 03-06-2005, 10:41 AM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by RHC
It is always amazing to me how some of you guys respond to a posters questions!!! The question was do any of you know this boat???? Not what would you do? or what is your choice in boats!! Why would you try to convince a buyer to buy a Top Gun, when, he is looking at a Cafe????
My question was fairly generic and I want opinions. My buddy actually wants a TG, but likes the looks of this boat. I've told him what I said in my first post...that this looks to be worth more money than any other Cafe I've seen, but not 130K.
As someone said...It's worth X amount of MY money, may be worth more of someone else's.
RHC....Thanks again for the feedback, I assume you know the owner. It's obvious he has taken care of it.

Quick Reply: anyone know this cafe???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.