Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
video of my 577's dyno pull, whats it worth? >

video of my 577's dyno pull, whats it worth?

Notices

video of my 577's dyno pull, whats it worth?

Old 07-25-2005, 10:57 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: video of my 577's dyno pull, whats it worth?

Obviously the guy was not really interested in dyno-ing engines that he did not build, and he should have just told you so, instead of putting on a quick show and taking your money. How much does he owe you for the damage he may have inflicted on your engines??

All he did was verify how much power they made in that particular tune, but sure as hell didn't optimize anything. That's alot of hassle for you to bring your motors there, round trip, load 'em on the dyno, and then not get the full benefits that a Dyno can provide??!! That's not worth the aggravation, more or less any MONEY!

He obviously wasn't worried about your referral, so don't worry about his................

The only thing I can figure is that he works like that because customers still pay him for it!! If they didn't, he probably wouldn't..............
Old 08-18-2005, 08:41 AM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ratman
ttt...anybody else like to add thier .02 before i send this thread to the owner of the shop that ran my motors on the dyno. thx for your input, ratman
RATMAN,

Did you manage to get some satisfaction on this issue?
Old 08-18-2005, 10:41 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

i put a stoop pay on my 700.00 dollar check and called him and told him i thought he f'ed me. i have had several issue with the motors due to the not being tuned idle set etc on the dyno. had issue with other things he did as well wrong wiring harnesses so i had to buy and splice in new pigtails for the boat side of main wiring harness and a few other things. it kinda a sucks that i took my motors for a five hour drive each way to get half assed work done by a shop thta is very capable. but thanks for asking. got it wet last week one of my new fuel pumps took a dump. im 100% for this weekend so keep your fingers crossed that i'll have no issues. thx, ratman
Old 08-20-2005, 06:47 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

was this done as a favour owed . i am very embarassed for these dyno spinners .didnt even give the rings a chance to bed in proper till he give it the berries .as for touching up the dizzy with a hammer & screwdriver & coming very close to gettin his apron caught in the belts & pullys,,,,. was this a friday afternoon session ,or do they do this to all engines.
very unprofessional......not happy , pay em nothin.....
not bad grunt from a 577 but how long will it last having been treated by these whackers....
Old 08-20-2005, 07:20 AM
Registered

not bad grunt from a 577 but how long will it last having been treated by these whackers....
my thoughts exactly!
Old 08-20-2005, 07:36 AM
Registered

drum roll please.......the wackers are none other than randy and his crew at cobra power! i was very suprised to find how badly he treated my motors after i posted this clip. this was my first time on the dyno with any of the engines i've built so i didn't know what to expect. i had a few dealings with him before the dyno session and it was like bait and switch. i drove over bought 6 or 7 k worth of parts and showed him what other parts i wanted to order in 2 weeks. when i placed my second order over the phone he sent me a bunch a chity used parts that were ready for the garbage can not my boat. i took all the crap parts back and had him apply the money i paid for the junk he sent me to the money i owed for the dyno time. i would have had tommy at chief do my motors but wanted to be sure i could get my money back on the crap cobra sent me,.he is one of the biggies, but i think he wants to sell cobra and go into real estate full time. i can't afford 150k for a pair of his so called 1200 hp engines. my 577's were all i could afford at the time, i traveled 5 hours each way to have him dog my new motors and give me a half azzed dyno tune. have had many issues with the work and parts he supplied me. he bad rapped tommy at chief engines, otherwise tommy would have gotten all my buisiness. in the future tommy at chief will be doing my work. i have talked to other people that said they felt like the got the short end of the stick dealing with cobra. on the other hand i've NEVER heard anything but great things about tommy at chief. so there you have it.
Old 08-20-2005, 10:41 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 817 Likes on 374 Posts

WOW,I guess there is 2 sides to every story, BUT,pictures tell a thousand words!!!! Smitty