Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
video of my 577's dyno pull, whats it worth? >

video of my 577's dyno pull, whats it worth?

Notices

video of my 577's dyno pull, whats it worth?

Old 07-01-2005, 07:15 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default video of my 577's dyno pull, whats it worth?

i had my 577's dynoed the other day. it took a hlaf hour to set motor up on dyno. no egt were monitored as they said that feature on thier dyno breaks all the time so they don't se it. no air horn on carb either. they ran it for about 2 mins setting the timing it was fat i had 96 jets in both motors they installed 89's ran the motor for about 2 more mins and did another pull 662 hp brought it down and immediatly did one more pull 654 hp. yanked the motor off installed the other and here is a video of the entire dyno session for the second motor, all five minutes of it. now keeping in mind they ran 1 motor 10 mins and the other one 5. one engine made 30 more hp than the other. they made one jet change and told me not to worry it about it i won't feel the 30 hp difference and people are way to concerned with numbers when on the dyno. what do you think is a fair price for dynoing these 2 engines? 100,200,300,400, or 500.00. let me know as i intend to pay what you all feel is resonable. but after reading all the posts here when they said they don't mess with the egt readings i felt my bung hole pucker cuz i felt a screwing cumin on...please comment on why you think there is a thirty hp diff and what sould have been done that wasn't in tuning if you can call it that of these engines and should i install them not knowing what the egt's were? thanks for you input i will name the shop at a later time.
dynorun 577 w/345 big brodie hds 119cc, je flat tops team g int, 1050 dom, crane 139661 roller
Old 07-01-2005, 07:17 PM
Registered

Default Re: video of my 577's dyno pull, whats it worth?

i meant per engine...100.00, 200.00, 300.00, 400.00, or 500.00 per engine for the dyno set up and run and tune time. thx for all your input. ratman
Old 07-01-2005, 07:33 PM
I hate the winter!!
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is the dirtiest , most Fred Flintstone dyno room I have ever seen. I would be upset without the EGTs. I was trying to read the BSFC's but it wasn't very clear. That would give you a good indication of the mixture. You want them to be about 45.
Old 07-01-2005, 07:41 PM
GPM
Registered

Received 80 Likes on 58 Posts

I spent the day in the dyno room. After the motor was broke in, we did 15 pulls, with EGT's, and all other data, cost me $600. I doubt your rings were even seated in 10 minutes.
Old 07-01-2005, 08:18 PM
Registered

come on guys, let me know what you think this dyno time was worth. txh for your input.
Old 07-01-2005, 08:26 PM
RHC
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not very much!! You really did not learn a thing,,, I think you need to go to a differant shop and have it done right , then show this shop the results and Information that you would then have ,,,, then ask them how much they feel there time and info was worth.. You just cant have to much info from a dyno session...,

RHC
Old 07-01-2005, 08:39 PM
Registered

here is the print out on the second engines pull.
Attached Thumbnails video of my 577's dyno pull, whats it worth?-post-pic.jpg  
Old 07-01-2005, 09:54 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well..I see what my guy does and it seems to be a wayyyyy lot more than most of the runs I see on this sight...that job is worth nothing!!!!..if you want to be nice give him whatever...but I would have your motors dynoed by a pro with all the readings and redialing done right there....motors run much better when done right!
Old 07-01-2005, 10:26 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 817 Likes on 374 Posts

Whats up with these dyno nightmares? 2 years ago i spent a winter building a 540 with a 10k bottom end,using the dyno operators/engine builders(Tyler Crockett) recomendations on camshaft /heads etc.After hours of pissing around we finally made our pulls,motor made a WHOPPING 629hp/697 ft lbs boost-this was a BLOWN 540!!I heard from his mouth-those are good numbers,that numbers were for accountants,boat went 4 mph SLOWER than it did with stock cam and same blower on 502!!!!I was real upset after getting motor in the boat,over last 2 years i was able to get power up/speed up by playing with boost/timing/fuel pressure to where i had approx 725 hp/6 mph gain OVER what 502 had. I posted the story on here,word got to Crockett,he offered to redo it for free.He is a standup kind of guy. I don't blame him now for the first fiasco,i had a 8 rib drive on blower which would slip sometimes,he didn't really know that(nor did I),I had merlin heads w/crappy I/E ratio,when we were talking about what i needed to make my goal hp(at time i was looking to make 800hp) i think i didn't ask enough questions. I apologized in a roundabout way because I was VERY harsh in what i said about him on this board. Last winter I spent ALOT of time optimizing/freshening my combo. I went back to him again (he's a nice guy and sincerely wanted to help me)and this time he busted his ass and worked like the Pro you would expect from his reputation. I didn't ask him to do it for free(because it really wasn't the same combo) but he gave me a hell of a discount,things went much better this time. He dialed the fuel curve over and over again until it was the best we could get,he plumbed his own fuel pump to boost mine,we made good numbers,i would reccomend this guy to everyone. You either need to have a serious talk w/your dyno guy and give him a chanch to try or you need to find someone more competent,i would give him a couple hundred bucks and head down the road,Smitty

Last edited by articfriends; 07-01-2005 at 10:36 PM.
Old 07-02-2005, 07:38 AM
Registered

how about a few of you engine guys chiming in...please let me know what you think this dyno session was worth. i have a lot of time and money invested and don't want to be pulling the motors back out of the boat after they're installed.thankyou, for you input guys. ratman

Quick Reply: video of my 577's dyno pull, whats it worth?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.