Notices

Best brand of exhaust tips?

Old 01-24-2007, 07:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Best brand of exhaust tips?

Originally Posted by Bob Zubik
tt Rex, for my Fountain 4 X $119.00 is that expensive????? BZ

It may be pocket change for some, but since I'm a blue collar guy with white collar tastes, I watch what I spend and save that for gas money.
Old 01-24-2007, 07:39 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Got Rex!

The quality is much better. I don't expect these to blow out. They still rattle a little though.
Old 01-25-2007, 04:40 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Zubik
tt Rex, for my Fountain 4 X $119.00 is that expensive????? BZ
imo yes they are expensive. But I never intended to build just another cheap tip with an inexpensive flapper that just burns out or breaks off, when I designed the Superflapper™. Cost was of secondary concern. Not of no concern, but secondary to quality comprimise. I just wanted a product I could sell with the confidence I would not be seeing the flappers come back broken, would not continue to get phone calls about noisy flapper rattle, on and on. This while maintaining the highest quality in terms of materials, quality of polishing, and workmanship. I feel we've achieved that goal with these current tip models. Our polishing for example consists of pre-polishing the tubes and flanges, welding, then final polishing. Any tip with pit's or scratches that won't polish out are rejected and sold as seconds. We inspect all our parts under florescent light, the harshest test. The florescent light test results in rejections that are not even visible in sunlight in many cases. I'm very anal when it comes to this stuff and my guys know it and reject parts for my final inspection on a regular basis. The same process holds true for all our stainless parts whether it be crossovers, thermo housings, cleats, whatever... they all go through this polishing and inspection process.

I know when a pair of exhaust tips go out the door now the customer is going to be happy with the quality and won't be calling me within a year regarding flapper issues. We also guarantee that flappers for life which I mentioned above. There are a lot of cheaper tips out there, in fact we are probably the most expensive of them all I'd guess. I simply can't even build our tips at this quality level for the cost some others on the market are being sold for. It's like everything in life I guess. There are cheap cars and expensive cars, cheap boats and expensive boats. You just have to decide which quality level you want.

Hope to hear from you BZ, you won't be dissapointed with the quality.

Last edited by rexone; 01-25-2007 at 04:50 AM.
Old 01-25-2007, 08:05 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts

All of the Hardin Marine tips feature the new Silent Seal exhaust flap design eliminating annoying sound of the clanking stainless flapper. Click here for pics and more info
Old 01-29-2007, 07:48 PM
BZ
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by rexone
imo yes they are expensive. But I never intended to build just another cheap tip with an inexpensive flapper that just burns out or breaks off, when I designed the Superflapper™. Cost was of secondary concern. Not of no concern, but secondary to quality comprimise. I just wanted a product I could sell with the confidence I would not be seeing the flappers come back broken, would not continue to get phone calls about noisy flapper rattle, on and on. This while maintaining the highest quality in terms of materials, quality of polishing, and workmanship. I feel we've achieved that goal with these current tip models. Our polishing for example consists of pre-polishing the tubes and flanges, welding, then final polishing. Any tip with pit's or scratches that won't polish out are rejected and sold as seconds. We inspect all our parts under florescent light, the harshest test. The florescent light test results in rejections that are not even visible in sunlight in many cases. I'm very anal when it comes to this stuff and my guys know it and reject parts for my final inspection on a regular basis. The same process holds true for all our stainless parts whether it be crossovers, thermo housings, cleats, whatever... they all go through this polishing and inspection process.

I know when a pair of exhaust tips go out the door now the customer is going to be happy with the quality and won't be calling me within a year regarding flapper issues. We also guarantee that flappers for life which I mentioned above. There are a lot of cheaper tips out there, in fact we are probably the most expensive of them all I'd guess. I simply can't even build our tips at this quality level for the cost some others on the market are being sold for. It's like everything in life I guess. There are cheap cars and expensive cars, cheap boats and expensive boats. You just have to decide which quality level you want.

Hope to hear from you BZ, you won't be dissapointed with the quality.

Call me...BZ
Old 04-24-2007, 08:30 PM
Registered

Received 218 Likes on 113 Posts

Just installed my exhaust tips I got from Fionn
they look and sound great!
Attached Thumbnails Best brand of exhaust tips?-pq-001.jpg  
Old 04-24-2007, 09:14 PM
Registered

Received 47 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by rexone
The older style were not only noisy at idle but the shaft was too light (3/16) and several just broke the shaft off at the weld, particularly on motors with large cams.
I thought you had to run a dry exhaust with big cams due to reversion.

Michael
Old 04-24-2007, 09:56 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Lookin' good!

Glad you like them, now let's see that boat in the water.