Engine Alignment >

Engine Alignment

Notices

Engine Alignment

Old 08-31-2007, 03:05 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Engine Alignment

we're going to drop my motors in my 311 this weekend ...Any tips or advice on engine Alignment? We replaced all the stringers ... I did make a template and the mounts should be close ...but I'm sure it wont be .... ........m
Old 08-31-2007, 03:25 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you have the tool? Do you have adjustable or plate mounts? Use weather strip adhesive to glue your fiber washer in place, don't forget spring washer positioned in the fiber washer.
Jim
Old 08-31-2007, 04:20 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by MOBILEMERCMAN
Do you have the tool? Do you have adjustable or plate mounts? Use weather strip adhesive to glue your fiber washer in place, don't forget spring washer positioned in the fiber washer.
Jim
Jim .. yes have a tool ..adjustable mounts ..and I have new fiber and springs ....

Bravo 1 setup ...use rear mount washers ect as book shows ? Seems I read where a washer or spring was omitted ?

I might be thinking of not using the spring when you mock up a block for solid mounts ? I was going to solid mounts but was convinced not too .... thanks for the input ......m
Old 08-31-2007, 04:39 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The alignment will be off without the spring lock washer. If someone did a mock up with out it, they wasted a lot of time or it was off in the end. Use the tab washers to lock the lower nut in place. Double check first engine after second is installed.
Jim
Old 08-31-2007, 08:20 PM
Registered

thanks Jim .... been a long haul... Jan 2006 ...Im ready to get er done .....

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...d.php?t=121456
Old 08-31-2007, 08:32 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I always use shims and washers to lock my rear mounts in place. This stops any motion in the rear mount.
Been doing this for years now.
Old 09-01-2007, 07:09 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you replaced the rear motor mounts the springs were omitted. There should be a note in the bag the mount comes in telling you not to use the springs with these mounts.
Old 09-01-2007, 08:50 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by bowtie
If you replaced the rear motor mounts the springs were omitted. There should be a note in the bag the mount comes in telling you not to use the springs with these mounts.

BT .. you referring to the rubber bushings in the Flywheeel housing ?
Old 09-01-2007, 09:37 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by offthefront
Jim .. yes have a tool ..adjustable mounts ..and I have new fiber and springs ....

Bravo 1 setup ...use rear mount washers ect as book shows ? Seems I read where a washer or spring was omitted ?

I might be thinking of not using the spring when you mock up a block for solid mounts ? I was going to solid mounts but was convinced not too .... thanks for the input ......m
The springs were omitted if you installed new rubber bushings in the flywheel housing. I can email you the service bulletin if you need it.
Old 09-02-2007, 07:58 PM
Registered

Got em in .... 3 times .... put em in ... oil cooler hit the inner plate where the internal steering mounts ..pulled them out and cut the bracket off ...put em in and oil cooler hits the steering tiller ... pull em out .. cut the tiller .... Put em back in in the rain ......

Question ..... we got the alignment close but I still want to fine tune ... Is it ok to make adjustments without taking the weight off the mounts ?
Attached Thumbnails Engine Alignment-dsc00224.jpg   Engine Alignment-dsc00227.jpg   Engine Alignment-dsc00233.jpg  

Quick Reply: Engine Alignment

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.