bellhousing? >

bellhousing?

Notices

bellhousing?

Old 03-01-2008, 07:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bellhousing?

does anyone know if flywheel bellhousing is the same for 3.0 liter as small/big block? reason asking is that bought large coupler bravo bell for sbc and the dowel holes are loose, buddy has one off of 3.0 gm. without seeing it yet i think bolt pattern is the same. is my thinking correct? already know that the coupler hole measures the same. thanks
Old 03-01-2008, 07:54 PM
Michigan Mad Man
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by johnnyexcal
does anyone know if flywheel bellhousing is the same for 3.0 liter as small/big block? reason asking is that bought large coupler bravo bell for sbc and the dowel holes are loose, buddy has one off of 3.0 gm. without seeing it yet i think bolt pattern is the same. is my thinking correct? already know that the coupler hole measures the same. thanks

The early smallblock bellhousings had a smaller hole for the coupler. The bolt patterns and the dowel holes should be the same.
Old 03-01-2008, 08:06 PM
Registered

thanks, i've switched to big coupler/late model bravo 1 and needed bell, so i bought one then noticed it had loose dowels when i went to install , this puts me into the situation i'm in. buddys bell should work then considering for some odd reason his 3.0 liter boat that he scrapped had that big coupler on it . must be the high horse! ha-ha
Old 03-01-2008, 09:46 PM
Registered

just had bud measure his dowel holes,his also measure .680 to .725 tapered from block side to transom. why is this 2 bells the same way or are they all gonna measure this? doesn't the dowels help for stabilizing the coupler alignment or am doing something wrong?