Notices

Drive Temperature Sensor

Old 12-19-2008, 08:26 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any idea on price for the sensor?

Originally Posted by Trippin
It is forthcoming, prototype has come and a revised report has gone back to the manufacturer. A new prototype is due back post haste. Keep watching this post if you're interested in this product.
Old 12-19-2008, 08:40 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Livorsi checked with their supplier for the GSOT1/8 oil temperature sensor per my question below regarding sensor body wall thickness. The supplier would not provide dimensions but did advise that there was sufficient sensor body thickness to allow cutting a 3/8-16 thread. Livorsi also advised that the sensor internals are completely potted so the unit is water proof as well. At $19 per sensor this is just too tempting to not give it a try. However I will not be drilling any holes in the transum just yet.

Originally Posted by Rage
With a little help from a friend I learned that the fill / vent plug threads for the Bravo Drive are 3/8-16 which are tapped using a 8mm drill or 0.3149" dia. The Livorsi GSOT1/8 oil temp sensor is 0.321" dia. That is 0.006" diameter interference or 0.003" thickness/side so the probe should fit...tight but wit a little emery paper just right. The threaded shank of that sensor (1/8 NPTM) has a 0.25" unthreaded length and a 0.375 hex head height part of which could be machined away to provide the needed thread length. The only problem is that the 3/8-16 external threads root diameter is 0.2983" dia which would cut into the sensor probe by 0.0229" on the diameter or 0.0115" debth /thickness. I do not know what the sensor probe wall thickness is so that remains the question as to if it will work.
Old 12-20-2008, 03:32 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

PS The Livorsi oil temp sensor for drive oil temp use idea is only plauseable for fresh water use because of the brass body and electrical termination configuration that will need to be sealed from the elements to maintain electrical continuity.
Old 12-30-2008, 12:22 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

See attached picture. The lower sensor is the stock Livorsi GSOT1/8 oil temperature sensor with 1/8 NPTM threads. The lower sensor is the same sensor except with 3/8-16 straight threads applied with a simple thread die.

Next time I get to the lake I will try the threaded sensor in the Bravo dirve and see how it fits.

[QUOTE=Rage;2762014]Livorsi checked with their supplier for the GSOT1/8 oil temperature sensor per my question below regarding sensor body wall thickness. The supplier would not provide dimensions but did advise
Attached Thumbnails Drive Temperature Sensor-livorsi-gsot18-oil-temp-sensor-bravo-drive.jpg  
Old 01-07-2009, 02:49 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Trippin
I firmly believe in drive showers, they substantially assist in the cooling of the upper drive during extended full speed runs. For someone who just puts around the lake and gets on plane once in a while it's not worth the investment.
hey DJ im back online...Damn teenagers....I talked to Kirk at Elite today....we should get our package by early next week....
Old 01-12-2009, 12:40 AM
RIPSTA Racing Team
VIP Member

I'm also looking for a pair of these drive temp set ups. I had a pair on my Scarab that I found on ebay about 2 years ago. They where made by a co. named Gear Smart who has long since went out of buss. I think they might be the ones that had the patent trouble . They looked like the one with the coiled wire in the other earlier post. Any idea when another version might be out? Elite mentioned something about patience? Who has that?
Old 01-12-2009, 09:31 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm in the market for something that gives drive temp also. Need 2 & need them by March.
Old 01-12-2009, 03:14 PM
RIPSTA Racing Team
VIP Member

I went on Elite marine site and they have them up for sale now. So far thie is the only one I found available but I have to take a pass. The price is so high it's a shame. For one complete kit with a gauge your looking at $450. Come on, a sender, gauge, 50' of wire, a thru hull fitting and 2' of stainless braid. I might have to wait for next Christmas for a pair. I am glad that they are making them though and will get them, just not right now.
Old 01-19-2009, 10:49 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by fireboatpilot
I went on Elite marine site and they have them up for sale now. So far thie is the only one I found available but I have to take a pass. The price is so high it's a shame. For one complete kit with a gauge your looking at $450. Come on, a sender, gauge, 50' of wire, a thru hull fitting and 2' of stainless braid. I might have to wait for next Christmas for a pair. I am glad that they are making them though and will get them, just not right now.
Can you provide the URL for that site. I am not finding anything about a drive oil temperature gage system when I google ite name.
Old 01-19-2009, 10:55 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Rage,

I believe this is the site mentioned above.

http://shop.elitemarineonline.com/pr...4&productId=94

Quick Reply: Drive Temperature Sensor

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.