Imco Powerflo manifolds >

Imco Powerflo manifolds

Notices

Imco Powerflo manifolds

Old 03-21-2010, 09:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Imco Powerflo manifolds

Removed mercruiser manifolds and installing a used set of Imco Powerflos. The mercruiser had hoses in the risers,the Imcos do not. Cap the holes on the gooseneck assembly or have 2 bungs welded into risers? Appreciate any advice. Thanks Gus
Old 03-21-2010, 10:50 PM
RIPSTA Racing Team
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pretty sure the power flows have bungs in the lower front of the manifolds and the water passages into the risers are internal from what I can remember from some I had awhile back. Just be sure you use new gasgets from Imco, their a light green color, just go on their site.
Old 03-21-2010, 11:14 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fixx

Originally Posted by BadCompany
Removed mercruiser manifolds and installing a used set of Imco Powerflos. The mercruiser had hoses in the risers,the Imcos do not. Cap the holes on the gooseneck assembly or have 2 bungs welded into risers? Appreciate any advice. Thanks Gus
Two ways of plumbing it, if you have a four port thermostat housing you either have to change it to a two port housing
http://www.iboats.com/Thermostat-Hou...view_id.222066

or you need to run the two into a y connector..heres a diagram and eddiemarine.com sells them,the y is on the port side of the diagram.

http://eddiemarine.com/techsupport/a..._plumbing1.pdf

Last edited by FIXX; 03-21-2010 at 11:16 PM.
Old 03-22-2010, 02:01 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,822 Likes on 908 Posts

If your risers do not have bunges to tap in the hoses, then use one of mrfixall's options. The only problem I see is that the holes in the imco's between the risers and manifolds are not that large. I would install a water pressure guage to make sure you are having any high water pressure issues.
Old 03-22-2010, 01:04 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks to all. That should get me on the water soon. 70 yesterday and 35 and snow today. Hurry up baoting season! Global Warming!!! Gus