Impellers twice >

Impellers twice

Notices

Impellers twice

Old 09-11-2010, 01:20 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Impellers twice

I had my impellers replaced by a Donzi dealer, now 14 hrs later one of them is bad again. Anyone have any ideas why I am having this problem? There are only 2 things I can think of- 1- it wasn't installed correctly when they did them a month ago, or 2- when they haul the boat out and flush it they are somehow not doing it correctly. Anybody have any other possibilities/suggestions? I have never had impellers last for less than 100 hours in the past, getting frustrating!
Old 09-11-2010, 02:43 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GoFastScott
I had my impellers replaced by a Donzi dealer, now 14 hrs later one of them is bad again. Anyone have any ideas why I am having this problem? There are only 2 things I can think of- 1- it wasn't installed correctly when they did them a month ago, or 2- when they haul the boat out and flush it they are somehow not doing it correctly. Anybody have any other possibilities/suggestions? I have never had impellers last for less than 100 hours in the past, getting frustrating!

I really can't see how you can put them in wrong its kinda simple.Unless they did not lube them.The flushing yeah real possibility
Old 09-11-2010, 05:29 PM
VIP Member

2 things kill impellers---age or lack of water. Since they are new, there must be a point where they are not getting enough water.
Old 09-11-2010, 05:31 PM
Registered

thats a shame. thats why I dont trust anyone working on my boat...even as something simple as flushing the engines
Old 09-11-2010, 07:25 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 179 Likes on 66 Posts

The number one fastest way to wipe out one of those bad boys is to "dry start" a motor. You'd be surprised how quick that takes one out. Maybe the guys flushing your motor ...
Old 09-11-2010, 07:51 PM
Registered

you guys are right- turns out the guy flushing the motors the other day had the switches backwards, closing off the engine he was flushing, then the other one. The marina paid for them, but i am still very upset- the manager almost dropped a load when I told him it would probably cost $40-$50 k for 2 new 525's, dont want to get anyone in trouble but still........... I will be doing all the flushing myself from now on....
Old 09-11-2010, 07:56 PM
Registered

Not trying to scare you but how long did he run them with no water?How hot did they get hope you did not crack a header...or worse.
Old 09-11-2010, 08:12 PM
Registered

The impeller housing and/or end plate is worn or scored. No matter how many impellers you install it will tear them up....
Old 09-11-2010, 08:20 PM
Registered

That too
Old 09-12-2010, 07:45 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 179 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by GoFastScott
you guys are right- turns out the guy flushing the motors the other day had the switches backwards, closing off the engine he was flushing, then the other one. The marina paid for them, but i am still very upset- the manager almost dropped a load when I told him it would probably cost $40-$50 k for 2 new 525's, dont want to get anyone in trouble but still........... I will be doing all the flushing myself from now on....
One would think that would be pretty obvious. Water going in, no water going out ...?

Seems like every time I see a marina try to save some money by hiring low wage help, you eventually get one of these.

Hope it all works out OK for you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.