700 Hp fuel system???? >

700 Hp fuel system????

Notices

700 Hp fuel system????

Old 03-06-2012, 10:56 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 700 Hp fuel system????

What is a good start for a fuel system to support 700 HP carburated? This would be based off Gen VI blocks so seawater pump mounted mechanicals and / or electric pumps. Thanks
Old 03-06-2012, 04:34 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

call teague custom marine,im sure they have what u need.
Old 03-06-2012, 05:20 PM
Registered

Thanks, Im sure they do, I was kind of looking for others input and suggestions of what they have used and have had good luck with, not what a salesman on the other end of the line wants to sell me. What is everyone having luck with realibly supporting 700ish Hp? Thanks.
Old 03-06-2012, 07:14 PM
Registered

Received 292 Likes on 138 Posts

Somebody makes a higher flowing fuel pump that mounts in place of your stock one. I would run that with an electric boost pump on a switch for insurance.
Old 03-06-2012, 07:34 PM
Registered

Subscribing
Hope Eddie will chime in on this, I enjoy listening and learning from him along with many others on here.
Old 03-06-2012, 09:13 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this is what i was sold fom teague for my 600 inch 700 . airmotive electric marine , feeding a high output edelbrock marine block mounted pump . feeding the carb with two 3/8 fuel lines to the carb . never lost fuel pressure , , note the edlebrok high output was modified by teague to reduce some of the pressure , believe they took out one spring if i remember right
Old 03-06-2012, 09:15 PM
Registered

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

as far as electrics....ive seen aeromotive pumps work well in that range.....also Barry grant Enduro series pumps.
Old 03-07-2012, 12:38 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Cobra100+
Thanks, Im sure they do, I was kind of looking for others input and suggestions of what they have used and have had good luck with, not what a salesman on the other end of the line wants to sell me. What is everyone having luck with realibly supporting 700ish Hp? Thanks.
If you will call Teague and ask to speak to Eric...you wont get what you want to hear from him, but you will get what you need to hear from him. Eric will NOT jerk your chain or try to sell you a dead horse.
Old 03-07-2012, 05:39 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by pslonaker
If you will call Teague and ask to speak to Eric...you wont get what you want to hear from him, but you will get what you need to hear from him. Eric will NOT jerk your chain or try to sell you a dead horse.
can you imagine your high school english teacher reading what you just wrote ?
Old 03-07-2012, 06:41 AM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

I remember someone on the board here retro-fitting a arm off a sea pump mounted pump, to a old mark iv style block mounted six valve pump with 1/2NPT inlet and outlets. I'll try to find that thread.

I think it sucks that the sea pump driven pumps dont accept a typical high performance pump. Theres lots of options for mechanical pumps that way. Adding a electric pump works just fine, but add's some rigging, regulators, wiring, etc.

I think this here pump should work for you, and would be the simplest setup.
http://www.hardin-marine.com/p-12460...6-engines.aspx

Be sure to check the pickup size in the tank, and anti-siphon valve. -8 line from tank to carb minimum.

Something to think about, the 800SC merc engine was 572CI, twin holley carbs, 420 blower, etc. Used a basic holley six valve mechanical pump, and used 3/8" single inverted flare hard line from the pump to feed both carbs. I actually have that setup in the garage, and its amazing to me that it worked, when looking at the small orifices in the inverted flare connections they used. But, it worked. The inlet fitting that fed the fuel log is really no larger than a Bic pen in diameter inside.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.