Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Swap Shop Resolution – What’s the right thing to do – Let the forum decide! >

Swap Shop Resolution – What’s the right thing to do – Let the forum decide!

Notices

Swap Shop Resolution – What’s the right thing to do – Let the forum decide!

Old 03-19-2013, 11:08 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by commandersander
I am an ambassador of paying members here.

With that said, and you should believe it without predjudice, you are taking an opposable and quite frankly, ignorant position.

Are you saying to us all that you are NOT a "boat guy"......

Gordon made you an offer that you did not acknowledge. This is not a member to take lightly. His resources and capabilities most likely exceed the breadth of the entire site. I say this publicly because I know first hand......he can come through when " all else fails"....

You started a thread asking your brethren what your position should be.

You received multiple answers form the brethren that you asked.

All of the answers were reasonable, time-sensitive, and accurate.

No one offers a 6-month warranty on a used mirror. The only way a mirror stops doing it's natural intended job in a 6 month period is if you break it.....unless you never checked your reflection upon receipt.

Strange but accurate analogy. Think about it for a moment.....

Brother.
Look man, I get it - the guy has lots of pals on this site, and your one of them - But frankly, he isn't anyone to me, as I am nobody to him. This post is only about doing the right thing, that is all.

I looked at the assy when I got it, it looked rough. But I saw this guy also sells alot of stuff and therefore assumed it should be fine.
Its winter, this is when you do the "nice to haves" jobs on your boat. So thats what I am having done. We all do it. Up until 2 weeks ago this was stored inside my home.

Here is a pic of the steering arm that indicative of the overall condition of the part - yep, that little pin was cut off.

I appreciate the offer by the other member to fix it. However, as the project is going on NOW, I sourced a new transom assy. locally. Plus, im not sending this thing anywhere on my dime unless its back to the seller for a refund. Which I was assured wont happen.

Obviously many feel I should have just shipped it back when I first got it, then I would only be out $80x2 shipping, instead of the seller simply not selling the junk part. Thats an honest way to do things, stiff some random guy with $160 in shipping costs for something that prob shouldn't have been sold in the first place.

This could have all been avoided - We all make choices, I made mine, he made his.
Attached Thumbnails -imag0112.jpg  

Last edited by flysfloatsor; 03-19-2013 at 11:11 PM.
Old 03-19-2013, 11:33 PM
Registered

Received 4,326 Likes on 1,241 Posts

One reason I don`t bother with ads that don`t have pics cause most of the time the seller is trying to hide something like that uglyness posted.. "email me for pics??" why ???cause you want to catch some sucker who doesn`t know what hes looking at instead of posting the pic in the ad?
I can teach a monkey to use photobucket, Zenfolio, Image shack, etc...

Now as far as sending it back you should have dome that as soon as you received that thing

Last edited by ICDEDPPL; 03-20-2013 at 08:44 AM.
Old 03-20-2013, 05:48 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

If that steering arm had been attached to anything I had bought ,I would have sent it back immediately .Then we'd only be talking about what's fair on the shipping cost .Even if you got no shipping credit it beats being out the whole amount .I't probably isn't uncommon for you to spend the same 160.00 on a decent night out. Just trying to put shipping cost in perspective...
Old 03-20-2013, 08:49 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by flysfloatsor
Look man, I get it - the guy has lots of pals on this site, and your one of them - But frankly, he isn't anyone to me, as I am nobody to him. This post is only about doing the right thing, that is all.

I don't know Gordon from Adam

I looked at the assy when I got it, it looked rough. But I saw this guy also sells alot of stuff and therefore assumed it should be fine. It might be a little preschool-ish but we all know what assuming does

Here is a pic of the steering arm that indicative of the overall condition of the part - yep, that little pin was cut off.

I appreciate the offer by the other member to fix it. However, as the project is going on NOW, I sourced a new transom assy. locally. Plus, im not sending this thing anywhere on my dime unless its back to the seller for a refund. Which I was assured wont happen. It's a little rough to scorn the offer of a good member and at worst you can resell it to make some money back after it's fixed FOR FREE

Obviously many feel I should have just shipped it back when I first got it, then I would only be out $80x2 shipping, instead of the seller simply not selling the junk part. Thats an honest way to do things, stiff some random guy with $160 in shipping costs for something that prob shouldn't have been sold in the first place. Your thread is titled "Let the Forum Choose", and you have gotten succinct answers from reputable guys.

This could have all been avoided - We all make choices, I made mine, he made his.
Moral of the story, a good seller is usually willing to work with you in a reasonable time frame, but 6mon isn't reasonable. Especially if you didn't minimum put in a heads up call saying, "hey man, these things look rough, if they don't work are they going to be take care of?" Just my $.02, but seems to be what a lot of guys are saying.
Old 03-20-2013, 10:08 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

As stated. The forum has consensus, I can see it.

I've stated my forgiveness to the offender. And provided a glimpse of the quality of the part I was sent.

This thread has accomplished everything I wanted it to.
Old 03-20-2013, 10:13 AM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...vo-gimble.html
Heres some more pics
Old 03-20-2013, 10:21 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by flysfloatsor
As stated. The forum has consensus, I can see it.

This thread has accomplished everything I wanted it to.
Then be done with it or let your new friends here help you.
Old 03-20-2013, 10:21 AM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Received 111 Likes on 84 Posts

I sell parts my self. That being said I take it personal about " watch out for the boat guys" as comm states you are a boat guy so we need to watch out for you also? The performance boating circle is a small one Keep that in mind.
-mike