Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
....It's for certain now......meltdown !! >

....It's for certain now......meltdown !!

Notices

....It's for certain now......meltdown !!

Old 08-12-2002, 03:27 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nordic... The $189.99 rebuild is 100% new inside your old case/sleeve. They will also do a rebuild and ONLY replace what is broken NOW . I would have to assume that is the $ 89.00 labor + parts (?) rebuild. Why go only 1/3 the way for 1/2 the price??? It's not worth it due to the expense of shipping both ways.

I called Aeromotive again & requested an expedite. Brett said they will try to get it done tonight and ship it tomorrow. Now THAT would be GREAT service.....It also might shut me up!!!

And, more on AZ SPEED..... I took off the plenum on the other engine that AZ Speed was to "freshen" (valve job). Well, their $7.50 help worked on this one also....one intake bolt was never tightened, not even with a ratchet! It was up about 1/4 inch from even touching the manifold......
The exhaust manifold bolts were too long and bottomed in the holes....(manifolds loose)/never torqued. The other engine had exhaust bolts missing (laying in the engine bay) and were not torqued, were also loose casing a burned gasket. I just cannot understand how they do it!!! I would get fired if I did that kind of work!!
Old 08-12-2002, 08:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Blown Formula,

I had Jim sofner's email address at one time on my home computer. it's gone sorry.
Did you ever get to talk to the master of disaster?

jdelo
Old 08-13-2002, 05:53 PM
Registered

Joe, sorry I haven't called ya' back but I have been extremely busy getting parts, etc for this deal.....
I will call , possibly this evening. I have to get Jim's email address.....anyone have it???
Old 08-13-2002, 09:13 PM
I hate the winter!!
Platinum Member

This is intense reading. I am sorry for all your troubles. Also, sorry I have nothing to add to offer any advice or help. Good Luck...
Old 08-14-2002, 10:44 AM
Registered

Blown Formula,

I called AZ speed yesterday, to talk to Jim. The response was he's out of the office. So I fired off my second request letter for reinbursment for the second rebuild to the tune of 4900.00.

I hope Jim gets the message. If I have to get a lawyer Involved
I'm going for the nine yards. first and second rebuild plus the cost of pulling and replacing the motor and his bill of 530.00 to remap the ecu. total cost of $12480.00.
All this because of his 7.50 an hour worker forgot to install the inline filter, that I paid for , back in march of 2001. That's when AZ speed installed a whipple SC and Aeromotive electric fuel pump.

Maybe I should go after aeromotive as well since it was thier fuel pump that broke down and caused this major outlay of the green stuff !!

JDELO
Old 08-14-2002, 04:29 PM
Registered

Joe, was the Aeromotive pump still in warranty? If it was I bet you do have a case for them also!!

email me your night # again & I will call this evening....could not find it last night.

It would really be good if some of these guys were made to standup for their work (or not their work as it may be)!!
Old 08-15-2002, 08:56 AM
Registered

It's hard to believe I know but......
I overnighted my pump to Aeromotive, they recieved it sometime Monday........they totally rebuilt the pump and I had it in hand yesterday afternoon!!! Of course, I called them enough to be a real pest, but they did what they said they would do.

$189.00 & $13.76 shipping. If I ordered a new one from Summit, I probably would not have it yet.....Great job Aeromotive!!!

I am still pi_sed about the ruined motor because of the pump though........
Old 08-18-2002, 01:43 PM
Registered

Blown Formula,

Happy to see that Aeromotive was able to take care of your problem without to much of a hassle.
Attached is the response I recevied back from AZ speed and Marine. Man this guy has a way with words. Jim totally blew off the fact that he billed me for a inline fuel filter to protect my motor but it never was installed. He also doesn't remember the day I walked into his place of business with the fuel pump the injectors and an envelope containing pieces of epoxy I took out of the injectors. The first words that came out of his mouth was and I quote "this looks like epoxy from the fuel pump"
I guess I have to refresh his memory.

JDELO
Attached Files
File Type: txt
arizona speed.txt (3.0 KB, 125 views)
Old 08-18-2002, 07:29 PM
I hate the winter!!
Platinum Member

jdelo;

I read your attachment. What a bunch of bull$hit!!! Like you said, what about the filter they charged you for? I hate places like that.

Sorry for the problems you guys are having.
Old 08-19-2002, 11:59 AM
Registered

Joe,
The really wierd part about the AZ SPEED letter from Shofner was " I am not responsible because I did not know, it's the EPA or refineries fault......". I also quote from Brent at Aeromotive.....
Yes, we did inform all our distributors and Major suppliers & agents. I asked: Did they Aeromotive advise Arizona Speed specifically about the problem with the pumps? YES..... I told them they denied any knowledge, but Aeromotive said they were defintely informed!!!

If a manufacturer informs a company like Arizona Speed of a defective product that has the potential of causing MAJOR engine problems for their customers & NOT just the manufacturers product.....does that company OWE it's customers the warning/advisory ? In my thinking, if they DID inform their customer, they would in fact, create additional sales, service & build customer loyalty. I guess Jim Shofner & Arizona Speed just don't think that way.......
just do high performance work and offer no warranties on anything!!
After my experiences with them,
ie: loose/not torqued exhaust bolts-BOTH ENGINES(resulted in lost bolts/fell out! & burned gasket)
Stripped out head bolt.
Loose bolts in intake manifold (turn with your fingers loose)
Engine motor mount bolts not tightened. The nut did not even touch the engine bracket!!

NUFF SAID !!!

Quick Reply: ....It's for certain now......meltdown !!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.