Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
....It's for certain now......meltdown !! >

....It's for certain now......meltdown !!

Notices

....It's for certain now......meltdown !!

Old 08-23-2002, 09:55 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Joe,..... congratulations!! Now if the insurance company will stand up & if Jim will follow thru. I think I would ask for it in writing from him, that he admits liability and is filing a claim. That may be harder to get!!

Now I have to compose my letter and see what happens.
Old 08-23-2002, 04:48 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Blown Formula,

It just so happens that I received a letter from Jim today.

Stating that he sbmitted a claim to his insurance company for the damage to my engine. Things must be slowing down At AZ Speed
I heard he layed off 2 people.

I hope you get out this weekend. Haulen ass and sucken gas!!!!!

I will keep you posted

Joe D.

Last edited by jdelo; 08-23-2002 at 07:00 PM.
Old 08-23-2002, 05:21 PM
Registered

I am planning on "rockin' on"....so to speak!!
Old 08-26-2002, 11:31 AM
Registered

Here is the latest!! I am disgusted!!!

I got my new Aeromotive pump and retested both the rebuilt (previously 8-20-02) and the new one:
Rebuilt pump- 15 sec= 1qt fuel
"pinch" test- able to stop flow with finger over line.

New pump- 15 sec= 2 qt fuel
"pinch" test- fuel went everywhere!! no way could you stop this!!

Installed new pump and checked flow with a constant 12 v lead.It ran and pumped fine. Hooked up to relay & engine fuel pump lead.
Started the engine and same thing al over again.... the engine ran for like 30-40 sec and died......checked voltage at the pump when running (thru the relay) and found 5.4 volts!! Aha!! checked input side of relay (not running) and found 10v......replaced input lead wire (replaced the relay earlier) and now have 12-13v to pump........engine started and ran fine....in the driveway..... started #2 engine....ran fine .....launched the boat!!! YEH !!
#2 engine is now acting funny, like it is starving for fuel, but pressure is up......#1 sounds & feels really strong.
#2 REALLY starts acting wierd (like #1 did before it blew !!).....
docked the boat......checked everything, engines start fine but now BOTH engines run for the 30-40 seconds and die....... & fuel pressure is present when it dies...................... more deep thinking to come.....l!!!!
The problem cannot be the pump any longer.

Old 08-26-2002, 12:22 PM
Registered

Give us some symtoms of what it is doing when you say running funny. IE eratic idle , surging , missfire ? any weird sounds ?
Old 08-26-2002, 12:52 PM
Registered

engine #2 started to loose rpm.......like it was leaning out.....
just like #1 did when it melted down......but I had no oil leaks, backfires or anything......just sort of lost power and now seems to miss. It dies at idle after 30-40 sec. when goosed, the rpm go way up (higher than it should) and idles faster than normal for longer than is normal before returning to normal idle speed adn then dieing after 30-40 sec.
engine #1 is normal except the dieing after 30-40 sec. smooth idle until they die!
Old 08-26-2002, 06:04 PM
I hate the winter!!
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Blown Formula;

I don't know anything about Whipples but maybe this problem is not related to the Whipples.

Can you scan your e.c.u.'s for any codes? Also, if you have access to a scanner, check the sensor values. I agree with what you said, it sounds like it is running lean again. The fact that the motor tends to race up higher and longer than it should sounds to me like it may be a problem with the I.A.C. motor. Is it possible that it ( the I.A.C.) is opening too much and for too long?? That would also cause a lean condition. The throttle blades are closed, so the t.p.s. tells the e.c.u. that the motor is at idle. Now the e.c.u. will put the injectors on idle by minimizing their pulse width. The e.c.u. doesn't know that the i.a.c. motor is opened too far forcing all that extra air in, thereby creating a LEAN CONDITION....

Maybe I am reaching here. What do you guys think??
Old 08-27-2002, 08:28 AM
Registered

checkmate: It sounds reasonable.....except I drove a hundred miles last night to the lake to take a new set of plugs for both engines to my mechanics friend.....I also pulled a couple of plugs out of the engines....
#1-port engine-new/rebuilt- plugs were wet/damp & real sooty but not black.
#2-starboard- original eng- older plugs about 15 hours on them but ran great before fuel system change- plugs very carboned up & damp/black threads as well as black electrode & porcelain.

These conditions now make me believe I am very rich at idle.... due to wet/damp & sooty/black carbon. I am having the plugs changed by my mechanic before next weekend. I can then start fresh, lower the fuel pressure and see what the plugs tell me then & if it will then idle. I am ordering me a code reader today I hope......
Old 08-27-2002, 08:43 AM
Offshore Addiction

back to the the post from about a month ago"BOOBS AND BLOWERS",if you got either your gonna have trouble....sounds like your just to rich.....should be somewhere between 32-38....you can accually adj it while there idling....feel your exh change temp.....they usually end up a little warmer than usual at idle only when there adj right.....watch the exh for raw fuel,black smoke.....

Old 08-27-2002, 09:25 AM
Registered

I think your right..... my manual gauges on the fuel rail oscillate terribly, and then you have the electric gauge with it's built in error( of how much?????). I am ordering 2 liquid filled gauges today. I am determined to beat this thing!!!

Quick Reply: ....It's for certain now......meltdown !!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.