Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Class action lawsuit ( mercruiser) vapor-lock issues. >

Class action lawsuit ( mercruiser) vapor-lock issues.

Notices

Class action lawsuit ( mercruiser) vapor-lock issues.

Old 01-23-2014, 04:35 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by US1 Fountain
I've had the problem even with long idles thru marinas and back into the coves and engine hatch cracked. Made no difference. I also run the blower all the time. Have thought about bleeding the the fuel rail by the valve also, but had this ugly thought run thru my mind....if it's so hot in there to vaporize the fuel in the lines, no so sure I wanted to bleed it onto the top of said hot motors. Was going to do this the last time we had the boat out, but there were always other boats tied up next to me, so I decided against using that time to try it.
A buddy of mine has 502mag MPI's,,,,, he so sick of this crap he said he's gonna cut a hole and mount a window unit to cool his motor compartment .. Now that's funny.
Trust me I've done it all, idled around like an idiot for 10 min, ran the blowers for 15-20 min. Hatch open, drink in hand, no drink. You name it....."It's not every time either. Only when I was ready to go home or getting dark or around a bunch of people.. It was always a classic, 10 or so people come up to us, comment on boat they all stand around to watch while you start it.. BOING! You idle away and PUT-PUT done.. All you can do is hang your head and swear your kicking some Merc. Engineers A-S...
Hence why the fix is in...grrrrrrrr
Old 01-23-2014, 09:49 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Maybe this is going off topic a little but could someone post up some pics of their fix, routing,parts, etcetera.
Im good with wrenches, but I dont know jack about efi systems.thx
Old 01-23-2014, 10:17 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by buck35
Maybe this is going off topic a little but could someone post up some pics of their fix, routing,parts, etcetera.
Im good with wrenches, but I dont know jack about efi systems.thx
I'd hook you up, especially since we have the same boat, but I'm not sure mine works yet. lol
Old 01-23-2014, 10:31 AM
Registered

Thanks cole, its kind of amazing no one has done this yet given the number of people in the same % $2@# rowboat!
Old 01-23-2014, 10:42 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,043 Likes on 1,355 Posts

Mercury won't admit they have an issue, but they sure have a so called fix for it

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mercruiser-N...#ht_1172wt_910
Old 01-23-2014, 01:59 PM
Registered

Received 471 Likes on 367 Posts

Originally Posted by 33outlawsst
Mercury won't admit they have an issue, but they sure have a so called fix for it

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mercruiser-N...#ht_1172wt_910
All the kit does is change the pump out and move it down low to keep it cooler. The best fix I've seen is the rerouting of the return fuel line back to the fuel tank.
Old 01-23-2014, 02:40 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by AllDodge
All the kit does is change the pump out and move it down low to keep it cooler. The best fix I've seen is the rerouting of the return fuel line back to the fuel tank.
I'm going to check that option with diesel sender, just need to get other fixxes in place first. They were very good at getting everything out the way, but tough to get at
Old 01-23-2014, 06:57 PM
Registered

Thanks cole, its kind of amazing no one has done this yet given the number of people in the same % $2@# rowboat!
I'll post some pics tomorrow of the first phase I did which is the return lines back to the tank and relocating the water separators.. For some, it worked 100% for me it helped 75%.. Hence why I'm doing the entire fuel system ditching the VST altogether.
Old 01-23-2014, 09:36 PM
Registered

I'm for 100% because I boat on a river between dams, there's not a lot of current but......no power no control where your going,, not to mention the whole hatch up we'll be ok thing
Old 01-24-2014, 02:36 AM
Registered

I'm for 100% because I boat on a river between dams, there's not a lot of current but......no power no control where your going,, not to mention the whole hatch up we'll be ok thing
Your exact scenario is why I started this damn thing.. I think there's a major safety issues here that could cost lives.. Ditto on the river too. I won't be back on the Ohio until this is fixed for good. Then you got guys like me bleeding high pressure fuel systems with people in the boat and a few rags, in a hurry, a few beers....nothing could go wrong there, right?
You would think there would be some Danny Davito type lawyer or firm that would pick this up.. Imagine how many would pile on..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.