Carb opinions 540's 700 hp... >

Carb opinions 540's 700 hp...

Notices

Carb opinions 540's 700 hp...

Old 03-20-2015, 11:54 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I was looking to have a load of gravel delivered, I'd ask a truck driver.
If I was looking for advice on carburetors for an engine I was building, if call a carb guy.

Anyone can buy a Gibson les Paul, that doesn't make you jimmy page.
Old 03-20-2015, 12:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by vintage chromoly View Post
If I was looking for advice on carburetors for an engine I was building, if call a carb guy.

Oooh a slam against my carb opinion because I'm a truck driver !

I'm sorry, what tuning advice on carbs have you ever offered on oso? Have you ever rebuilt carbs for oso members ? Have you ever done any carb tuning on dynos or on the water ? Have you ever tuned a 1300hp blow thru carb? No, you haven't.

Why don't you go back to adjusting the chain on your huffy bicycle as that seems to be your specialty . you have offered nothing on this thread other than " my carb guy is awesome" based on what he did for your 300 cubic inch small block.
Old 03-20-2015, 12:05 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by offshorexcursion View Post
So let's worry about how the air flows in thru the fame arrestor but skimp on the carb.....

There are ways to modify the bottom of the hatch without blower scoops

Oh wait this is the first CIG to ever go through a build like this.....
How can I modify this hatch? There is no place to take material out it's home made hatch... I will post more pics of how it's made when I find them and I am not cutting into top side
Old 03-20-2015, 12:09 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

At this point I guess question is best out if the box carb I can bolt in and tune with scott on the water because I am not gonna spend tons of money and have it not work, all out of the box carbs I ever bought were close on any car, why not on a boat? I doubt a dyno is in budget most likely gonna be water testing with wideband if I can
Old 03-20-2015, 12:09 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

i just can,t understand why a guy would put 1000 bucks into an old carb when you can buy a new quick fuel for 800 bucks and it is a modern carb with adjustable air bleeds etc.these new carbs are so tuneable even a person with very little experiance can do it.
Old 03-20-2015, 12:17 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by mike tkach View Post
i just can,t understand why a guy would put 1000 bucks into an old carb when you can buy a new quick fuel for 800 bucks and it is a modern carb with adjustable air bleeds etc.these new carbs are so tuneable even a person with very little experiance can do it.
That would be my first choice is buy new and as close to what I need as I can, I don't have 2000 for carbs then more work on top of it...getting close to boat season here ...I would think there are out of box carbs I can get that are good... Quick fuel seems to be that...??
Old 03-20-2015, 12:28 PM
Registered

the quick fuel carbs are the best bang for the buck imo.i use a lot of them.in the old days the guys that specialized in carbs could do wonders with what was avalible,now you can buy much better out of the box with billet bodys,metering blocks,profiled air horn,s etc.the guys that do carbs are nervous that they wil be out of business because of what is avalable today!jmo.
Old 03-20-2015, 12:32 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by vintage chromoly View Post

the guy,s that do carbs love a attitude like that.some of the guy,s driving that gravel truck forgot more about carb,s than some who make a living selling to people who really don,t know any better.again,just my opinion.
Old 03-20-2015, 12:36 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Phucking winter

Come'on Spring, hurry up
Old 03-20-2015, 12:39 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by mike tkach View Post
the quick fuel carbs are the best bang for the buck imo.i use a lot of them.in the old days the guys that specialized in carbs could do wonders with what was avalible,now you can buy much better out of the box with billet bodys,metering blocks,profiled air horn,s etc.the guys that do carbs are nervous that they wil be out of business because of what is avalable today!jmo.
I will look at those is quick fuel the name of the company? I can google later just asking

OSO Sponsor
OSO Advertiser
OSO Advertiser

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

OSO Advertiser