Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
2006 Indmar 383 with SPN 66017 code >

2006 Indmar 383 with SPN 66017 code

Notices

2006 Indmar 383 with SPN 66017 code

Old 08-24-2015, 01:55 PM
Registered

Received 471 Likes on 367 Posts

Solution found: Ran through all test again, used scan tool to test fuel pump, it worked. Rang out all wires and found no issues. The issue was the terminal lug attached to the fuel pump on the 12V side. Lugged wiggled and when pulled it came off. Put new terminal lug on, cleared codes fired it up, no new codes. Put old fuel pump back on, took out for a run no problems.

Using the troubleshooting guide would never had found the problem. It runs you through all the testing, clearing the code, and take out for test drive. If test drive found code you start all over.

Pesky terminal lug
Old 08-25-2015, 01:17 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Thanks for the follow up and in my last post was 99.99 % sure it was not the ECM especially knowing what the code was and being set constantly.

Both of us blind here trying to fix something and who knows the fault code could have been self inflicted by however - but the answer was just sitting there in the last sentence of post # 2.

"I would check voltage at the fuel pump as well and check its CONNECTIONS VERY CLOSELY "

Glad its fixed and really not a hard one to fix with a simple volt meter and having hands & eyes completely on it.

Last edited by BUP; 08-25-2015 at 02:26 PM.