310 cc heads >

310 cc heads

Notices

310 cc heads

Old 11-15-2015, 06:53 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Don't waste your time with this clown zone.

The guy doesn't even build his own stuff.

The truly ironic part of his 6 month long butt hurt is that, just last year, he would regurgitate info he got from bob as "good tech" and now HE has a new "hero" because bob disagreed with some of what he read somewhere, told him so, and shattered his glass ego.

priceless!
Old 11-15-2015, 08:13 AM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by vintage chromoly

The truly ironic part of his 6 month long butt hurt is that, just last year, he would regurgitate info he got from bob as "good tech" and now HE has a new "hero" because bob disagreed with some of what he read somewhere, told him so, and shattered his glass ego.

priceless!
Big words coming from a guy, who's offshore experience consists of .................well, NOTHING .

A guy who has yet to hit the water with his 24ft'er he bought, or complete his first marine engine build, and tells everyone to go to his "carb guy", because he did such a good job on his carb for this offshore vessel. Please, lets all listen to you're advice, on how to dial in a 40ft offshore boat ...you have such vast experience! And I don't work on my own stuff? Who's pot you been smoking???!!!

Wait wait.....here come the truck driver insults.....
Attached Thumbnails 310 cc heads-engineinstall023.jpg   310 cc heads-engineinstall015.jpg  

Last edited by MILD THUNDER; 11-15-2015 at 09:06 AM.
Old 11-15-2015, 08:53 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Zone 5
This is OSO, not a drag race forum
I haven't seen a post from horsepower1, related to advising someone of what works in drag racing, to work in offshore. I know plenty of builders who can build both.

Yup, its called free advertising. post the same garbage over and over and soon it becomes "fact". You can not tell anything from a picture of a ported head. Even flow bench numbers mean nothing. Anyone can hog out a port and get huge numbers.
Now you're a cylinder head expert? lol Actually, why don't you tell curtis boggs or darrin morgan, to stop posting pictures of work they have done on cylinder heads....throw those flow benches away!

My "hero" LOL. I didn't know I had a hero, so thanks for telling me, I have to "assume" that you are talking about who built my engine. He is not in business to try and sell you parts like straub and steel chump. There is no such thing as the perfect part for an engine. There are 1000 variables. So to tell you to use brand Z, could be totally wrong. Just as if you asked me what jets I use in an 850 Holley. No matter what I tell you, its going to most likely be wrong depending on your application. And "my hero" doesn't need any defending. He can take care of himself. As I have posted before, he built my 509 that never saw below 5500 RPM for 7 years, and never had anything except oil changes in that time.
Wow. A 509ci turning 5500 rpm....state of the art man. What was that, 600HP? Its 2015, if a guy who claims to be an expert offshore engine builder, can't keep a 600hp 509 together, he shouldn't be building any engines.

About the only part you got right. My cats can build a BB and get more HP out of it than stock. and do it without a 20% correction dyno.
You know who the guys are that are always crying about "correction factors"?? Those are the guys, who usually built engines of similar components, and didn't make the power number the other guy did. So they start talking about "correction factors" and "glory pulls".

Lots of people on OSO have an opinion. all negative. you and your chicago buddies seem to be the only ones drinking the kool-aid. Do some homework on straub and wet exhaust. Then do some homework on steelchump and what his drywall background was. Then ask yourself why they use cam profiles that every experienced engine builder says can't work and claim stupid amounts of HP with. Its a huge game of smoke and mirrors. But hey, if you like the taste of the koolaid, have at it.
I don't care what he did for a living. lol, you and several others here, seem to love bringing up what a guy does, or did for a living, as pertinent info towards his or her engine building capabilities, or knowledge. So what does make one's advice worth listening to ? Selling parts and specing engine builds from your kitchen table? NOT wrenching on engines, rigging, electrical, drivetrains, and so on?

Here's how I see this. You and a few of your longtime buddies from the interweb, mainly boatfreaks.org, have some kind of vendetta with Chris and Foxwell. Thats your issues, and maybe warranted. However, its tiresome, watching you guys pop out of the woodwork, every single time theres a post from him, or along the lines of something that may not be in your parties best interest. I've read plenty of foxwells posts on other forums, and while certainly no expert, I can tell who knows some stuff, and who doesnt. I certainly don't feel, that him being an oso member, is going to be a burden on other oso members looking for advice. So, while you want to run him off this site, bring something good at least. If he posts up garbage, call him out on it, and back it up with hard facts. I'm not talking about what he posted 10 years ago on some other forum. I know some guys who 10 years ago, were were freshmen in college, and couldn't build a go kart engine, and today, are building/tuning 2000HP engines. We are all learning something new everyday. If we werent', we'd all still be impressed about a 5500RPM 509 engine making 600hp.

As far as who's drinking what kool aid, I can assure you, it goes much further than "chicago". But, we will never see that, because those threads get deleted around here.
Old 11-15-2015, 09:09 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

Yes what you do for a living has all to do with building engines... Like my best bud... Fastest 353 known...107 mph.... He's a cable guy.... Engines well over 800 hp that get beat for years... Runs every weekend... So throw that chit out the window.... My buddy Bill.... Works for a beer company... One of the best local builders around from his garage...
Old 11-15-2015, 09:09 AM
Registered

Received 696 Likes on 350 Posts

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
You know who the guys are that are always crying about "correction factors"?? Those are the guys, who usually built engines of similar components, and didn't make the power number the other guy did. So they start talking about "correction factors" and "glory pulls".
so you really believe a 540 w/ a 240/248 duration cam makes 700+hp,,you sir are a fool and anyone else that falls for it.keep drinking the cool aid.
Old 11-15-2015, 09:12 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Full Force
Yes what you do for a living has all to do with building engines... Like my best bud... Fastest 353 known...107 mph.... He's a cable guy.... Engines well over 800 hp that get beat for years... Runs every weekend... So throw that chit out the window.... My buddy Bill.... Works for a beer company... One of the best local builders around from his garage...
and in the end,If you follow the steps and have the proper machine work,,its not rocket science.and your buddy w/ the fast tech is doing great.we're at 112mph in a 382 and never get a good day to let it rip.
Old 11-15-2015, 09:12 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by sutphen 30
so you really believe a 540 w/ a 240/248 duration cam makes 700+hp,,you sir are a fool and anyone else that falls for it.keep drinking the cool aid.
I guess i must be a fool.

Btw, full force tim, what are the cam specs in your 540s?
Old 11-15-2015, 09:15 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by vintage chromoly

priceless!
yeah,I noticed thru google searches that he all but plagiarizes info.I like to fact check info posted here.
Old 11-15-2015, 09:17 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
I guess i must be a fool.

Btw, full force tim, what are the cam specs in your 540s?
there you go.
Old 11-15-2015, 09:18 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by sutphen 30
there you go.
So 650hp 540 with a 236/244 hydraulic cam is kool aid as well sutphen?

What cam would you recommend in a 6,000rpm marine hyd roller engine ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.