Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
hylift johnson lifters. >

hylift johnson lifters.

Notices

hylift johnson lifters.

Old 11-22-2018, 01:03 PM
  #21  
Registered
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Chicago
Posts: 7,412
Received 2,060 Likes on 546 Posts
Default

Seems they both claim to be very old companies .. one of them clearly isn`t and the way they`ve changed hands I don`t think either can really say that .




















ICDEDPPL is offline  
Old 11-22-2018, 01:03 PM
  #22  
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member
iTrader: (8)
 
the deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Raystown Lake , Pa.
Posts: 3,675
Received 35 Likes on 19 Posts
Default

https://johnsonlifters.com/
the deep is offline  
Old 11-23-2018, 10:24 AM
  #23  
Registered
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: chicago
Posts: 11,331
Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
Default

I remember when a bunch of madera cams were showing up to the party with alot of lobe tracking on them with not alot of time on them.

there were alot of guys who ran those madera (cam motion) cores, prior without issues. It seemed like most of the ones where there was lobe issues, also had the johnson lifters riding on them. Prior to that, it was morel lifters bob sold with his cams.

i wonder if the .700 wheel was responsible for some of this lobe tracking?
MILD THUNDER is offline  
Old 11-23-2018, 01:30 PM
  #24  
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member
iTrader: (8)
 
the deep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Raystown Lake , Pa.
Posts: 3,675
Received 35 Likes on 19 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER View Post
I remember when a bunch of madera cams were showing up to the party with alot of lobe tracking on them with not alot of time on them.

there were alot of guys who ran those madera (cam motion) cores, prior without issues. It seemed like most of the ones where there was lobe issues, also had the johnson lifters riding on them. Prior to that, it was morel lifters bob sold with his cams.

i wonder if the .700 wheel was responsible for some of this lobe tracking?
Just to be clear , I am no fan of the above BM . Tried to PM you but you're full up . Was soooo angry for soooo long I almost quit the sport . Finally coming around on it .
the deep is offline  
Old 11-23-2018, 01:35 PM
  #25  
Registered
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: chicago
Posts: 11,331
Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by the deep View Post
Just to be clear , I am no fan of the above BM . Tried to PM you but you're full up . Was soooo angry for soooo long I almost quit the sport . Finally coming around on it .
hey sam, i cleared some messages. Sorry about that. Glad to see ya back
MILD THUNDER is offline  
Old 11-23-2018, 01:40 PM
  #26  
Registered
iTrader: (3)
 
cigrocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Endicott, NY
Posts: 2,485
Received 62 Likes on 37 Posts
Default

I used Johnson lifters on my recent 500 EFI builds. 625efi now. They were the recommended lifter by Eddie Young for my build......so of course that’s what I put in.
cigrocket is offline  
Old 11-23-2018, 04:54 PM
  #27  
SB
Registered
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: On A Dirt Floor
Posts: 11,625
Received 1,242 Likes on 531 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by cigrocket View Post
I used Johnson lifters on my recent 500 EFI builds. 625efi now. They were the recommended lifter by Eddie Young for my build......so of course thatís what I put in.
Yup, distributed used by Isky, Crower,Teague, ,and others.
https://johnsonlifters.com.tempdomai...tributors.aspx
SB is online now  
Old 11-23-2018, 05:47 PM
  #28  
Registered
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 2,882
Received 137 Likes on 91 Posts
Default

A couple years ago there was a show that went into a nascar engine shop and the pride and Joy was some million dollar machine thatís sole purpose was to X-ray lifters before assembly. I forget the important numbers and rejection rate but I think it was something like 1 out of 10 was flawed with hair line cracks and such. I assume they get the best of the best and lifter failure was a big issue for them.
Baja Rooster is offline  
Old 11-23-2018, 11:03 PM
  #29  
Registered
 
Revd Up's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Rockford, IL
Posts: 1,082
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
Default

July of 2016 this Johnson Hylift took my engine out in Milwaukee.

Same day as the NIOC run.. Several of you saw me getting towed in.


Last edited by Revd Up; 11-23-2018 at 11:07 PM.
Revd Up is offline  
Old 11-23-2018, 11:18 PM
  #30  
Registered
 
Revd Up's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Rockford, IL
Posts: 1,082
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
Default

Opps wrong picture. Darn Photobucket.



BTW that picture is of Jay Turner Nitro Harley Champ

Last edited by Revd Up; 11-23-2018 at 11:44 PM.
Revd Up is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.