hylift johnson lifters.

Notices

hylift johnson lifters.

Old 11-24-2018, 04:53 PM
bck
Charter Member#568
Charter Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I just did a search for Hylift Johnson and the links to the company seem to be dead. When I bought mine a few years ago this is the company that made them.
https://johnsonlifters.com/Products/...s/2126BBR.aspx
Old 11-25-2018, 04:37 PM
Registered

Received 4,322 Likes on 1,241 Posts

BCK ......

Topline Automotive

How it`s made

Last edited by ICDEDPPL; 11-25-2018 at 04:50 PM.
Old 11-26-2018, 10:06 AM
bck
Charter Member#568
Charter Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Ok. Looks like that company is all under the Topline name. I'm pretty confident the one I posted the link to is the "good" Johnson. This is just like Gaffrig.
Old 11-26-2018, 02:08 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by donzi matt
Seem to be the same company, from SB's link above:

A Topline Group Company, est 1973, "Topline™", "Hylift™", "Johnson™", "Hylift Johnson™" trademark, all rights reserved 2014
that's simply NOT true... Johnson Lifters is a registered trademark and they make one of the finest tappets out there... Hylift-Johnson is a totally different bag of garbage, inconsistent sizing, and QC ...

Feel FREE to call Johnson 1-734-955-6500 I'm sure they will set ya straight...
Old 11-26-2018, 02:10 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
Old 11-26-2018, 02:17 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
I wonder if they are affiliated with this company at all?
Y'all forgot the baby oil Joe. and ffs we all know what that's used for!!! Hylifting that Johnson u no where!!!
Old 11-28-2018, 10:23 AM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Hylift used to manufacture the lifters for harley davidson, and some other oems. They too were an american made company. The founder was from the Chicago area, and the lifter plant was in Muskegon, Michigan.

apparently some of their employees, began stealing money and machines. One of them went to prison for it. I dont know if the guys at johnson usa had anything to do with that.

i dont even think if they ever made a retrofit bbc hydraulic lifter, link bar style. I think they only made the gen 6 style lifters that used the dog bones. That being said, i think they made a quality product, just not really into our marine bbc market.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
hylift.pdf (129.2 KB, 842 views)
Old 12-08-2018, 07:33 AM
Registered

Icdedppl and I just got back from PRI show. Looked at alot of lifters. Hylift/topline lifters was there. They say their lifters are NOT imported , and made right here in the usa.

Looking at their bbc hyd rollers, and johnson usa's, visually , they appear very very similar.

The crane hyd roller lifters look very nice. Axles held in by a C clip, like the higher end morels. The johnson and hylift ones look to be like a swedged axle. Crane says their lifters are made in house.

of course everyone says their lifters are the BEST. Hylift says short travel is a gimmick, and controlling bleed down rates is the key. Others say short travel limits the issues when oil is aerated and compressible.

There was some talk about how former hylift employees stole money and machinery, and started their own company, and some prison time was involved. Seems like hylift did/does alot of oem work for big manufactures.
Old 12-08-2018, 09:22 AM
Registered

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

Joe, What was the word from Isky? I know Teague has used them from time to time. Do they seem to be a good option?
Old 12-08-2018, 09:31 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by TylerBurich
Joe, What was the word from Isky? I know Teague has used them from time to time. Do they seem to be a good option?
Iskys are johnson bodies and internals, with their bushed wheel setup.

Not many actually make their own lifters. Seems like they work with whats available to them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.