Bulldog cam problem >

Bulldog cam problem

Notices

Bulldog cam problem

Old 12-16-2015, 06:24 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
Do you have a cam card for this camshaft with some specs on it? I can't find any info on that grind #.
Mild, if you look at the numbers he posted and the specs sb posted the numbers match up, at least the 240/329 part
Old 12-16-2015, 06:54 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks everyone, for all your reply's. I'm trying to find out more info at the moment, as I mentioned the replacement crane cam & lifters were sourced by a friend of mine quite a few years ago.I don't have any paper work for it,but the cam was to be just a like for like replacement for the original/stock one. the cam looks like it would be ok if it was spaced about 2mm forward, almost as if there is a spacer missing from behind the cam sprocket and the block.But all the info I can find is that the sprocket runs directly against the block.....

many thanks again to everyone who is trying to help.
Old 12-17-2015, 07:32 AM
Registered

Received 696 Likes on 350 Posts

Check the cam bearing boss to value cover distance block could have been machined for a Torrington bearing setup
Or repaired to except a hardened shim.block may have been slightly damaged at one point in its life
Old 12-18-2015, 08:26 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Crane roller cam upgrade was popular mod on a 30k motor that ran a relatively lame cam . I do believe that involved a torrington bearing . thats alot of cid valvetrain mass and potential spring pressure for a flat tappet these days . Even back in the day .
i think the orig hp575 based 540 ran solid at one time
Old 12-18-2015, 09:02 AM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

575sci, 600sc, 800sc, also ran flat tappets.