Question for MegaSquirt users >

Question for MegaSquirt users

Notices

Question for MegaSquirt users

Old 05-17-2016, 08:52 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by getrdunn

Close I guess... Involved a she and MegaSquirter. Just a little humor but true.
She sounds like fun.
Old 05-17-2016, 09:28 AM
Charter Member #601
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeller, go here
http://www.tunerstudio.com/
and download the Tuner Studio software and try it out. You can pay the fee to get it to open up all the options. It is very good software.
diyautotune.com/
Has the hardware. One issue for the MS3 is when using low impedance injectors DIY recommends using external resistors. I purchased a peak and hold circuit board and built a driver box to operate low Z injectors. As far as I am concerned that is the only area the MS is lacking in. The PWM circuit in MS2 would not fire all my injectors at a 35% setting, so I went to peak and hold and never turned back.
The Tuner Studio can auto tune on the fly or you can datalog and it will analyze your fuel map and correct it according to what the AFR table is set to.
I am using a J&S Safeguard for knock control which has been around for 25yrs or so. I will be upgrading to MS3 this summer and using two O2 sensors and EGT's to check cylinder balance. Software allows me to set a temperature for EGT and if it stays there too long it will shut down the motor. Or I can set a higher temp and if it hits that it will shut down the motor.
A lot of flexibility with MS.. but the purpose of MS is a learning environment and the forum people want you to read the manuals and learn about it before questions are asked. In other words, they don't care to spoon feed someone, and want them to read the manuals first, most questions can be answered with some research.
I was in electronics for 45yrs so it was natural for me to build an MS and use on my motor. 583" M4 Procharger. I wouldn't go any other way.
Hope that helps.
Dick
Old 05-17-2016, 11:53 AM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

I know a few of these guys and they run training classes a couple times per year. Next year or the end of this year for possible reasons of my own I most likely will attend their training when they come out with new dates.. I realize that it will be mostly auto side info but all the basics will be the same.

Also Mark D. of Throttles Performance located in Augusville North Dakota helps out with the classes as well. I can not say enough about this guy as he is very sharp when comes to engine building and set ups.

https://www.diyautotune.com/eficlinic/

Last edited by BUP; 05-19-2016 at 01:20 AM.
Old 05-18-2016, 09:45 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the extra input. It's appreciated.
Old 06-23-2016, 12:57 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've run several ms products over the years with good success. About 2 yeas ago I built 2 twin turbos on e85 using ms3pro ecu's mostly because I was familiar with them. After 3 going bad I'm switching to Holley.
Here's my 2 cents:
Pros:
Easy to set up
Affordable
Lots of help,online
Table mixing / flex fuel sensor is awesome
My fav feature is tying boost control to tps. So throttle is responsive and a joy to drive
Very flexible

Cons:
Not water resistant at all. Condensation killed one, damaged anther
Auto tune requires a laptop connected while tuning. If you have help it'll get the job done. Trying to drive boat while managing the laptop is rough plus tunerstunio will frequently lose connection to ecu while auto tuning.

I finally decided to run Holley hp with a separate can bus logger to log the hp plus grab sensors like trans pressure
I've run ms on cars. Mini sprints, Scca fb car, blown jet boat..
I'd be glad to help / send my files if I can help.
Call me at 2102406370, Chris
Old 06-23-2016, 01:10 AM
BUP
Banned

Just saying, if you buy Megasquirt MS3Pro you are buying one of the better ECM on the market. Not only is it water resistant it completely WATER PROOF. This same ECM since 2012 sits in a fish bowl at every PRI show for 4 days straight and is operating. I know I attend the PRI show every year and see this in person. Plus like I said I know some of these guys. One of the guys for Megasquirt is a tuner for NHRA prostock as well.

Video below to show how well this ecm will handle the marine enviroment and water. MS3Pro is the ECM I would be looking at. Costs only 1195. . it was intro in Jan 2013 if I recall correctly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYec40tugsQ

Last edited by BUP; 06-23-2016 at 01:14 AM.
Old 06-23-2016, 01:18 AM
BUP
Banned

And it does well, the builders who use MS3Pro for their engines in the Amsoil Engine Master Challenge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vP2fdX-QZEU

Bad Azz build right there.
Old 06-23-2016, 01:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i saw that at pri too, the fish tank sold me on using them. Again I'm a big fan but they aren't marine grade. i have no doubt it will withstand being submerged for a few days or even weeks. it took about a year for water to wick into 2 of mine and screw up injector drivers.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bxo...ew?usp=sharing