Notices

Torque Lean

Old 10-25-2019, 10:11 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Padraig

Padraig, ive thought about this but i cant seem to get any real info on how this effects torque leverage? from what ive found a lot of cats/ semi surfacing drives do this. but with being a V hull and a relatively mild prop depth i cant find much info on it
I too have no real world experience with it but back in the late 90s many vee a hulls were being supercharged and the owners were just going up in pitch and would often experience problems. The recommendation was usually was a gear change instead of a bigger prop.

I would give BBlades a shout out.

Padraig[/QUOTE]

ill have to do some more reading

i did reach out to BBlades and he sounded pretty sure with some prop work he could get it pretty cleaned up, so ill be sending that out in a few week s
Old 10-25-2019, 01:04 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,116 Likes on 1,403 Posts

Originally Posted by Padraig
I have always heard that a different gear ratio and smaller prop was usually the cure for torque lean.

Padraig
Do you remember if it was a pitch or a larger diameter thing ? I know diameter can do some odd things, especially small lightweight boats.
Old 10-28-2019, 11:15 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by SB
Do you remember if it was a pitch or a larger diameter thing ? I know diameter can do some odd things, especially small lightweight boats.
I was wondering if its a diameter thing as well, if you have less of it, it should be less leverage to roll the boat - or so i thought but i could not find any info on it
Old 10-28-2019, 01:57 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,116 Likes on 1,403 Posts

If no answers here, being a West Coast Boat, there are a handful of those Shockwave Tremor's running pretty good over at River Dave's Place.
Here is just one thread: https://www.riverdavesplace.com/foru...tremor.101747/
Old 11-02-2019, 10:06 PM
Registered

did some digging on their, a couple with 565's but not much more in the wood works it seems
Old 11-03-2019, 08:58 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 866 Likes on 325 Posts

Dont know if it would help but I read an article years back about a little tab you can put on the length of your skeg to prevent torque lean. RPM used it on almost all their boats.
Old 11-03-2019, 10:42 PM
Registered

RPM? The cats being built by Lavey?

I wonder what it was or called I'll have to do some digging I know about a wedge on the skeg to avoid crap walking when running fast In a single eng boat but neve came across one for lean
Old 11-04-2019, 12:57 PM
Registered

Received 516 Likes on 306 Posts

Originally Posted by LTZCrew
RPM? The cats being built by Lavey?

I wonder what it was or called I'll have to do some digging I know about a wedge on the skeg to avoid crap walking when running fast In a single eng boat but neve came across one for lean
https://thmarinesupplies.com/products/torque-tab
Torque tab, but as you said, believe to counter torque steer. Never read or have any experience if they help with a list.
Old 11-04-2019, 10:26 PM
Registered

Cant seem to find any info on the list/torque lean.
Old 11-04-2019, 10:38 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 866 Likes on 325 Posts

For $26 its worth a try. It cant get any cheaper or easier. It will cost more for the beer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.