Old 05-05-2021, 09:07 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Old 05-05-2021, 10:26 AM
Registered

Received 1,491 Likes on 806 Posts

Originally Posted by snapmorgan
You need an air impact gun sir. The balancer itself will absorb the hammering from a battery impact gun. A good air impact will take that bolt out in seconds.
My old air impact must have seen its best days. Gonna go borrow or buy one.
Old 05-05-2021, 10:28 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by SB
Look at the mass difference. And it works. Wonder if they make one for your size bolt ?

Again, difference made is for impact guns. Impact action much greater with a heavier socket. Won’t change much if used with wrench/bar lolol

holy wamba mother of all sockets. 😂
The following users liked this post:
SB (05-05-2021)
Old 05-05-2021, 10:36 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Have you tried to give it ugga-duggas both ways, tighten, and loosen? Just enough to break tension.

I've also had luck with a REALLY long pipe on a breaker bar, and literally hanging from the pipe for a few moments. Do you have a way to keep crank from rotating for such?
I did ongoing attempt left and right. I was gonna Hang on upside down with cheater pipe but didn’t want all 225 pds coming down on my ugly 🍉. I’ve got the flywheel locked up good.

Gonna go at it with some more ammo this afternoon. 😡🔫

Last edited by getrdunn; 05-05-2021 at 10:40 AM.
Old 05-05-2021, 11:10 AM
Registered

Received 243 Likes on 130 Posts

Soak with 50/50 acetone and ATF.
Works much better than any commercial penetrating oil.
The new Milwaukee 18V Fuel impacts have LOTS of torque
Let the acetone ATF soak in for a few hours and impact off
Old 05-06-2021, 03:09 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Keith Atlanta
Wait, wait, wait, you been doing all this and didnt round the head off yet? Broken flat panel TV's, thrown the wrench thru the wall and threw a beer bottle across the shop?

I clearly dont have the same ability or LUCK as you! Bwahahaha.

Ok now the real me is damm near above. Would’ve been already and then some 20 years. 😂

Project update. I went and got my tanks filled and really put the heat on it big time. Immediately got water on it through a hose with a 3/4 socket clamped on one end so I didn’t burn the hose but rather steamed my hand and now have some skin to chew on. Lol... Only had a dozen pair or more of gloves within 6 feet of each side of me.

Still not budging with 4 different impacts btwn air and cordless. As mentioned the starter trick failed as well. The only thing I’ve failed to do is get a what SB said. A bulky impact socket but not easy to find in a 12 pt 5/8.

At this point I’m considering swapping over to a serpentine set up so I can utilize the reverse rotation water pump. If so I’m certain to face a handful of other $hit. Not to mention I’d likely have to use that nasty looking alternator bracket etc etc.

Plus I just hate to leave something like this not addressed. Just not right but may have to. Please tell me how anything could penetrate beyond the bolt shoulder that’s up close and personal to the harmonic balancer. Unless I silicone a plastic cover over the void area with a small hole to fill and let sit. 🙈
Old 05-06-2021, 03:22 PM
Registered

Btw guys Tks for your ongoing attempts to help. I do appreciate it. I’ve got some time yet as I’m waiting on a different rear end and removing the 513’s.
Old 05-06-2021, 06:39 PM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts

Can you get in there and drill it at the edge of the threads? Parallel with the length of the bolt but right at the edge, and you can shoot some penetrating fluid in the hole. I’ve never seen a bolt that stuck that wasn’t cross threaded
Old 05-06-2021, 07:52 PM
Registered

Received 168 Likes on 106 Posts

If it is a 12 pt bolt it isnt stock, probably ARP. It still shouldnt be that tight. Ford crank bolts usually come right out. It might have Loctite on it but the heat should have taken care of that. I hate to ask but are you sure you are turning it in the right direction ? How much air pressure do you have available. My 30 year old Snap On 1/2" drive will take anything off at 160 psi. Even the notorious Honda crank bolts.
Old 05-06-2021, 08:51 PM
Registered

Received 419 Likes on 252 Posts

That bolt must be coated with red loctite. Try heating the bolt head red hot and then take the torch away. As soon as the red color goes away, hit it with the impact. May need to repeat a couple of times. It WILL come out. Don't give up on it yet. You really need to find a shallow well impact socket. If you are using standard chrome sockets, I can't believe that you haven't split a dozen of them by now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.