Ethanol Free Gas - any cons? >

Ethanol Free Gas - any cons?

Notices

Ethanol Free Gas - any cons?

Old 08-11-2021, 07:16 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by SabrToothSqrl
ethanol free if you can get it is the best for all engines.
1st thing we have to do with any older sea-doo is replace the fuel lines. ethanol gunks them all up and starves the engines for fuel and they run lean... until they don't run anymore.

I run real gas in my mower since it doesn't burn much, and isn't used all winter.
I use only free range electrons in my Tesla.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEf9Fdvx_Sc

Boat gets whatever the marina sells because we burn.. a lot of gas.

rant on/ Ethanol is crap. let's take diesel, clear a ton of land, use more to plant something that could be a food, then use dozens of chemicals and more water and more resources, then more diesel to harvest the corn, then a metric ton of energy to make it into an inferior fuel that destroys engines... yeah, no thanks. It was never about saving the planet, it was only to get votes from farmers. /rant.

That guy has a lot of cool videos...
Old 08-11-2021, 10:52 PM
Registered

Received 4,326 Likes on 1,241 Posts

Originally Posted by Smitty275
I'd be finding a new head guy. There's not one single piece of evidence in the piston top to suggest a fuel issue. It'll damage the piston long before it hurts a valve that is tight against it's seat. Valves break from being stuck in the guide and smacking the piston or because of inadequate spring pressure allowing the valve to bounce and eventually snap the stem. Sorry you not willing to accept the truth. Even if it is from the internet. With multiple experienced people telling you so.
So you`ve seen and taken apart the heads to figure out your diagnosis?
You see a mark on the piston from the valve smacking it ?
245/575 spring pressures are inadequate ?
Were the guides replaced?
Did the stem snapped?
The answer is NO!!!

fu
cking internet experts .GTFO

I got 50 gallons of that great fuel that is great to run and wont hurt an engine .. come get it . it`ll be great for your motor , won`t hurt a thing

Last edited by ICDEDPPL; 08-11-2021 at 10:55 PM.
Old 08-11-2021, 10:57 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Diamond Dave
What octane are you mixing the Boostane to? My new boat needs more than the 92 I have available in my area just curious your experience with the Boostane if it's safe to run reliably.

BTW, sorry to see that TOTALLY sucks ass!
The boat runs fine on 93octane. I only use boostane if I know I`ll be running hard in warm water and/or hot humid weather (Cig Randevous weekend) botle per gas tank , I don`t get real scientific about it

Last edited by ICDEDPPL; 08-11-2021 at 11:13 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Diamond Dave (08-12-2021)
Old 08-11-2021, 11:12 PM
Registered

"It wasn`t the gas it was a tight guide"!!
I`ll put it back in the boat and replace guides instead (that my head guy rebuilt 60hrs ago)

The black color just means it`s extra good gas
Old 08-12-2021, 08:53 AM
Registered

Received 122 Likes on 64 Posts

That gas doesn't look good at all, but I don't think blaming the ethanol is correct. I have seen gas go bad many times. It normally leads to a condition it won't burn, not to one that brakes valves via explosion. Maybe someone added some nitro methane to it while you weren't looking!!
Old 08-12-2021, 09:31 AM
Registered

I`m not blaming the ethanol , I`m blaming the old gas full of $hit and low octane rating.
Every guy who has ever blown up an engine due to bad gas wishes that that the only downfall to bad gas is that it doesn`t run . But that is just not the case .
Old 08-12-2021, 09:39 AM
SB
Registered

Received 3,116 Likes on 1,403 Posts

Tons of snowmobilers (remote areas, less volume/ out of ground tanks, etc) wish old fuel just snuffed out…,,,,lololololol
articfriends (09-21-2021)
Old 08-12-2021, 12:16 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My engine blew up - it must be Exxons fault !!!. I was 100% sure that gasoline suppliers were cheating on Octane. Years ago I purchased a Zeltex electronic tester. The price of the Zeltex electronic tester was almost the same price as an engine. If I could save an engine in the future the tester would pay for itself. I tested gasoline form every mom and pop gas station, 7-11's, high volume stores, marinas......lots and lots of tests. Then I purchase 15+ one gallon containers and left some indoors, some outdoors, some with vents open and allowed the gas to age, the longest test was 3 years of fuel just sitting. I tested fuel with ethanol and without, I tested until I was 100% sure that the I was getting screwed. Bad news boys, every single test PASSED the octane it was rated for on the pump. If the pump says "minimum 89 octane" - believe it. In fact if it say 89 it will really be 90 octane 100% of the time. If the pump says 92, it is going to be 93 octane. If the pumps says "up to 10% ethanol" the most I have seen is 8%. So how about old gas 2-3 years old.........smells like chit, looks terrible and yet it still has the original octane value. So how accurate is the tester ??? I tried to fool it, I added water to the gas.....octane values went up, I added magic STP and every other octane additive I could find, the Octane rating went up exactly as calculated. Please ready the label of the octane booster. 10 points = 1 octane. If you have 89 octane fuel and your pour a quart into 20 gallons you may have raised the octane 1 point for a total of 89.1 octane. Gasoline stored 1-2 years is going to be good, the gas may smell it, may have lost critical volitials and the engine may not start, the fuel may be yellow, thick and nasty, but the octane will be ok.
SB (08-12-2021)
Old 08-12-2021, 12:27 PM
SB
Registered

Sorry. Run with a pack of 10-20 snowmobiles.If a bunch go down (efi sleds included) andjust got gas from same place snd you see fuel has some tarnish and very little aromatics in it’s smell, well…..

Seen this several times over my life. Bummer.

I’m in a resort area. I see this with fuel too much.

Edit in: i agree with you on the pour in stuff, along with the math

Last edited by SB; 08-12-2021 at 12:36 PM.
Old 08-12-2021, 12:45 PM
SB
Registered

A word from Sunoco Race Fuels, whom may know something about this subject :

https://www.sunocoracefuels.com/tech...w-octane-fuels

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.