XD short travel lifter update >

XD short travel lifter update

Notices

XD short travel lifter update

Old 11-17-2021, 10:59 PM
Registered

Received 4,255 Likes on 1,226 Posts

Originally Posted by SB
Might be worth a call to Foxwell/Steelcomp (i know, although I never liked him much. More if an attitude and CS protecting thing, but that 2nd part is gone now.) On both the lifter oiling mod and who else uses the morel lifters still.
I did, they still use the .904 morels but I don`t wanna be a test case anymore, I know solids will be solid
The following users liked this post:
Rookie (11-18-2021)
Old 11-17-2021, 11:02 PM
Registered

Arrow

Originally Posted by getrdunn
im just throwing this out as a possibility and may not be relevant at all but if the foaming of the oil is bleeding down the lifters is it throwing off the geometry resulting in worn forks/axles?

icdeppl - pretty sure I bought those same EVO steel on steel solid roller lifters your referring to. Not certain however I got mine through jones cams. Mike’s a pretty good dude. I believe a company close to his manufactures them. I read a very similar if not the same post as you pasted. I was completely sold on the concept as it makes a lot of sense in hi performance marine and other endurance builds.
Correct, the XLR-8 from Jones is the bam lifter just private labeled .

https://bamrollerlifters.business.site/

So you`re running those lifters? How have they held up?
Old 11-17-2021, 11:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by SB
You have no idea on the history, was way further back than that, i’ll just leave it at that. I’m serious about the dart block oiling though. Broken record, skip, broken record, skip…..lolololol
I watched the video on the block mod restricting the oil but I`m confused on why and what is being restricted. I dont understand the benefits.
Old 11-18-2021, 05:42 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 132 Likes on 46 Posts

80 hrs, super mild build never over 5k, destroyed motor. Been using the GM factory hyd lifters with zero issues on mild 548’s with 525 efi cams for 4 seasons now.
Old 11-18-2021, 07:51 AM
Registered

Received 1,488 Likes on 804 Posts

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
Correct, the XLR-8 from Jones is the bam lifter just private labeled .

So you`re running those lifters? How have they held up?
Time will tell and perhaps I’ll take one for the team on these. 😂. I have no time on these builds as I’m waiting on Valako to finish up my heads. Also the shop that I use did some work to improve the oiling on my Dart blocks. He mentioned this that and another… I said yes already absolutely do it.
Old 11-18-2021, 08:39 AM
Registered

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts

I talked to Terry Manton (RIP) a while back about pushrods. He told me to use the thickest dia. and the thickest wall I could get in it. Then he said if I was using guide plates NO tapered ends. Just saying . Harmonics not good!
Old 11-18-2021, 09:19 AM
Registered

Received 398 Likes on 229 Posts

Ok, now that we've determined hydraulic's are crap for high performance marine, what are the favorites in solids? I was planning on solids for the next motor, it looks like I'm switching now while this motor is still running.
Old 11-18-2021, 10:05 AM
Registered

These have some good reviews on the car sites .

But you also can`t go wrong with Crower or Jesel .
Old 11-18-2021, 10:35 AM
Registered

Received 1,204 Likes on 577 Posts

Originally Posted by ThisIsLivin
Ok, now that we've determined hydraulic's are crap for high performance marine, what are the favorites in solids? I was planning on solids for the next motor, it looks like I'm switching now while this motor is still running.
https://iskycams.com/shop/index.php?...&pg=categories
Old 11-18-2021, 01:02 PM
Registered

Received 1,488 Likes on 804 Posts

I may have missed it however are you going to stay with hyd rollers and run the solids or are you going to go solid/solid. When I switched over to solid rollers and springs on my NA 496’s I picked up power all the way through and over 45 hp at peak and 200 rpm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.