Crower shaft rockers? >

Crower shaft rockers?

Notices

Crower shaft rockers?

Old 01-24-2022, 01:03 PM
Registered

Received 1,493 Likes on 807 Posts

Originally Posted by GPM
Has anyone ever seen a broken steel rocker ?
Personally being into hi performance since I could drive and having both I’ve never broke either. Not saying won’t happen but…. Broke a some rocker studs but not rockers.
Old 01-24-2022, 01:20 PM
GPM
Registered

Received 80 Likes on 58 Posts

I had a couple aluminum Jesels brake, just cruising along, made a mess out of things.
Old 01-24-2022, 01:32 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,116 Likes on 1,403 Posts

^^^^^Yup, then we have Dart’s blocks oiling issue w rear cyl’s, Morel’s typical oiling issues, and then……,
Old 01-24-2022, 02:44 PM
Registered

Received 57 Likes on 31 Posts

Ive seen aluminum break many times. 670-715 lift range average
The following users liked this post:
SB (01-24-2022)
Old 01-25-2022, 01:35 PM
Registered

My Harland Sharps arrived today. We’ll see how they work out. I haven’t weighed one yet however they seem heavier than they use to. These are the later ones that have some geometry changes to help complement the aftermarket heads. Intakes and exhaust are a little different.
abones (01-25-2022)
Old 01-25-2022, 02:14 PM
Registered

Received 239 Likes on 92 Posts

So there is a reason why they make different levels of lifters, kinda like why they make different levels of crank shafts. If your building a 500 HP style engine do you need a Sonny Bryant Crank, top dollar bullet proof rods, Steel shaft rockers, etc. probably not. If you have a mild cam and correct Valve spring pressure and correct geometry, you don.t Need super strong expensive rockers. Rocker arms seem to take the beating if other components in the valve train are not correctly matched, too much spring pressure lifter float etc. the rocker being the fulcrum point gets constantly slammed. Now if you are building a High HP high RPM engine with a radical cam, then absolutely go with steel Rocker arms. My point is that each build can require specific components, and not all need the top shelf parts. can get very expensive very quickly
Old 01-25-2022, 02:40 PM
Registered

Yeah kinda like we all know all the top shelf good guy parts are and I can build a heck of an engine with all but then I wake up and come to my own reality. Everything and anything can and will brake under the right (wrong) circumstances. To be honest I had to call back after I ordered the rockers to ask what the price was. Couldn’t believe I forgot to ask but I did. Not as pricey as the steel crowers but a little higher than most others. I was going for the best fitment and bang for the buck as well as the best customer service. Not being able to confirm part number for my app and the unknown delivery date shaft rockers became out of the question this go around. I don’t know if any other rocker arm manufacturer that has worked with aftermarket head companies etc to manufacture a better fitting rocker. Not implying their the best by any means but their here and awaiting install as manufacturing and delivery are huge issue with many parts. Like smitty and others have said don’t wait on anything you think you might need. Get it or order it now. Problem with paying and ordering is there’s rarely a certain timeframe on delivery. I’ve been hearing a lot of 4 to 6 months but could be longer. Sucks
abones (01-25-2022)
Old 01-25-2022, 02:56 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,051 Likes on 1,357 Posts

Originally Posted by getrdunn
My Harland Sharps arrived today. We’ll see how they work out. I haven’t weighed one yet however they seem heavier than they use to. These are the later ones that have some geometry changes to help complement the aftermarket heads. Intakes and exhaust are a little different.
I dont get this, Ive run the same rockers on AFR, DART and the Mercury 525........so now you have to make sure what valve you put them on..............
Old 01-25-2022, 04:05 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 276 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by abones
So there is a reason why they make different levels of lifters, kinda like why they make different levels of crank shafts. If your building a 500 HP style engine do you need a Sonny Bryant Crank, top dollar bullet proof rods, Steel shaft rockers, etc. probably not. If you have a mild cam and correct Valve spring pressure and correct geometry, you don.t Need super strong expensive rockers. Rocker arms seem to take the beating if other components in the valve train are not correctly matched, too much spring pressure lifter float etc. the rocker being the fulcrum point gets constantly slammed. Now if you are building a High HP high RPM engine with a radical cam, then absolutely go with steel Rocker arms. My point is that each build can require specific components, and not all need the top shelf parts. can get very expensive very quickly
I think you hit the nail right on the head. The biggest thing is being honest with yourself on what you expect from your engine. Thats why some can get 400 hrs out of their 525 efi and some not even 200 hrs before failure. The biggest problem is heat and cycle time.
The following 2 users liked this post by KWright:
abones (01-27-2022), getrdunn (01-25-2022)
Old 01-25-2022, 04:08 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 276 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by F-2 Speedy
I dont get this, Ive run the same rockers on AFR, DART and the Mercury 525........so now you have to make sure what valve you put them on..............
Some of the newer heads have the valves moved slightly. So yes the rockers will not be the same as stock.
The following 2 users liked this post by KWright:
abones (01-25-2022), getrdunn (01-25-2022)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.