Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Bottom work to increase speed >

Bottom work to increase speed

Notices

Bottom work to increase speed

Old 01-25-2003, 10:15 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I removed the hook, couldn't any nasty tendencies be neutralized with trim tabs? Both of my Formulas tend to run nose down, they don't want to "break loose" from the water.
Old 01-25-2003, 11:12 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 139 Likes on 84 Posts

Yeah, hook will load your nose.
You have plenty of glass thickness to sand whatever you need off that hull. You'll actually need to sand a little "too much" so you can regelcoat and bring it back up to "flat". Need the gelcoat to keep moisture from getting in your laminate.
Old 01-26-2003, 07:31 AM
Warlock 27

Default Re: Bottom work to increase speed

Originally posted by Kokopelli
I know most if not all of the F-1 teams out there have their hulls "worked" for more speed. Does anyone know what this consists of? Who does it? Cost ? Etc.? I have a 29 Warlock with a whippled 502 running 79.5 mph gps and just want that extra coupe MPH
In my opinion you should be very careful about how much and what you modify especially with the 29 Warlock..I would be happy to discuss it with ya. send me a pm.wieght and props first before you start down that road..not many have experience with the bottom on the 29...too much and you will alter it for the worse.thats very a respectable speed,especially if your not running in HEAVEY chop/rough water.

Old 01-26-2003, 10:30 PM
Team Dysfunctional
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

CUDA for the size of your boat I wouldn't think they would be nose heavy. I would lean towards having the wrong prop. I tried at least a dozen props on my boat last year. most props produced stern lift which made the bow stay down. I could never get the boat to feel loose. it would stick to the water like glue and feel like I was going to stuff it a few times. I went with a smaller diameter prop and it solved all my problems. check with the factory to see what the recommend and try calling a prop pro and see what they say.