Where the heck is the fuel regulator >

Where the heck is the fuel regulator

Notices

Where the heck is the fuel regulator

Old 03-17-2003, 04:34 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks Rj that makes it easier. That Merc tool madbouyz is talking about above, Do you need that to do the job ? I thought all I need was the regulator and a gauge to set the pressure?
Old 03-17-2003, 09:50 AM
Platinum Member

Received 134 Likes on 80 Posts

CAP...
Sorry for any confusion.The tool I spoke of is a Merc shop tool.It really is nothing more than a large water filled pressure gauge.My mechanic who assisted has used this before in conjunction with the EFI test computer (that plugs into the harness) to check for injector leakdown and duration when we were trying to figure out the dirty transom problem...that was before I had the input from everyone here
Unlike probably a lot of folks here on the board I don't have a dash mounted fuel press. gauge.That's why I made mention of this Merc tool.
If I can add a bit more,I was assured that you only need to follow the (limited)instructions on the fuel regulator inst sheet ..ours is a vortech too..and it is no problem .... YEAH RIGHT
like every other boat job it takes three times longer than you could imagine.Also find a tool (and it will be a small one) to adjust the nipple on the regulator BEFORE you install everything again.If I remember correctly it is not an SAE size and you could end up looking for a while for something that works in the possibly limited space to work in that you might have.
Let me know how it goes ...
Steve