Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
280 Silencer Engine Hatch (help) >

280 Silencer Engine Hatch (help)

Notices

280 Silencer Engine Hatch (help)

Old 07-14-2003, 12:45 PM
matrin

Default 280 Silencer Engine Hatch (help)

My engine hatch motor has stripped a gear and I have taken the screw type system out of the boat to see if I can repair it myself because dealer is so far away. I cant seem to remove the electric motor from the square tubing that it is mounted to. The motor is mounted to a screw type rod that runs down the square tubing. There must be a plastic gear in either the motor or the gear box that its connected to. Has anyone ever repaired one before, and if so can you please give me some details of what I must do. I have not found the stripped gear but I need to remove the motor so that I can find it. I would also like to know if this motor or gear is available anywhere other than powerquest.

Old 07-14-2003, 04:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can order a new actuator for your boat, then you do not have to worry about it breaking again. Why not just remove and replace it, the screw ones come in different sizes.

What size do you need now, 24, 18?

Teague sells them, PM me is you need the number call Adrian he is nice 661 295-7000

Good Luck