Throttle Update >

Throttle Update

Notices

Throttle Update

Old 03-05-2004, 11:19 AM
Registered

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts
Question Throttle Update

I'm thinking about updating the appearance of my interior. Does anyone make a nice billet throttle lever to replace this old Mercury one from my '88 Sunsport 196? Also, does anyone make a billet glove box door?
Attached Thumbnails Throttle Update-plum-dash.jpg  
Old 03-05-2004, 11:28 AM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not really. There are really only two options. Gaffrig (Livorski) used to carry a fiberglass pod that would allow you to use a standard offshore throttle. The problem is that it may hang down below the gunnel. It will also reduce the side clearance, so if you sit tight to the gunnel you'll have issues with that too. The other option is to use a throttle for an outboard. I don't know who makes them, but I've seen some DCB's with a billet throttle lever. The issue is that again, the throttle and the shifter are separate.

There is one more option. Merc has redesigned their gunnel throttle-shifter. You may want to look into replacing the control with the new one. That might just be the cheapest and easiest way.

I too have looked for a nice glove box door. I have totally struck out. There are a couple out there, but they all use a nasty looking plastic hinge. I think that Baja has some of the nicest looking glovebox doors out there. I get on the phone with a boat junk yard and snag one off a newer Bbaja. That doesn't turn you on, just have one cut out of aluminum plate and use a stainless piano hinge.

Last edited by Cord; 03-05-2004 at 11:31 AM.
Old 03-05-2004, 03:08 PM
Dork

I have this controller available if this is what you're kind of looking for. The only difference is that is configured for the cables to be routed rearward instead of downward as shown in the pic. No Trim.

Old 03-05-2004, 03:12 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Eddie marine sells the throttle pod