high oil temperatures

Notices

high oil temperatures

Old 09-16-2004, 06:09 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: high oil temperatures

Originally Posted by articfriends
Boatman,you said the port side of both pans spits oil? Are these hardin pans? I used the hardin 14 qt oil pan from cp performan\ce,it is suppossed to be a copy of the gil pan,when i installed mine i tried to use the nice felpro 1 piece gskt that i use on most motors but it fit TERRIBLE. I could actually slide a .010 feeler gauge betwen block and gskt,luckily i caught this while it was still on the stand. I bought another felpro 1 piece gskt and the fit was just as bad,i don't blame the gskt,i blame the pan,just curious if you ran into same problem. I ended up using cork gskt's with lots of black rtv,it doesn't leak but i wouldn't buy another hardin pan again. Patriyacht is right,are you running correct bypass valve set-up,there has been alot posted on here lately about near identical problems,good luck,Smitty
Yes they are hardin pans ans i have the same situation that you described. I am getting ready to pull both motors again , And I will check the bypasses. . I do have a windage tray. What determines they hight of the windage tray . I am not sure .