Notices

SVL Point Pleasant

Old 05-21-2005, 04:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: SVL Point Pleasant

Klatuu,
I can understand why you,as a fan,would want a full race,but like I have already stated,we were told it was to be a short race so the equipment would not bust up.enough said.

Wil

Ps.no offense,in the rare ivent we win,I wouln not let you wash my boat,you might scracth the paint

Last edited by SVL4; 05-21-2005 at 04:43 PM.
Old 05-21-2005, 04:48 PM
Registered

We can't wait to meet you.Seriously introduce yourself.

Wil
Old 05-22-2005, 06:42 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SVL4
Klaatu,They dont race against anybody!!!!!!!Like I stated before my commitment is to OSS and the National points race.
Wil
Wil,

How big would your commitment be to OSS if there were only 2 SVL boats? Would you stay committed or go find the competition in an organization that you have no confidence in?

Shane races anybody and everybody that is willing to race in the organization that he trusts - it's that simple. Don't preach "commitment" and then bash Shane and Gary for being committed to APBA.
Old 05-22-2005, 09:30 AM
VIP Member

Listen Gentlemen, This race offer was to accomplish a few things. Number one increase the boat count in Pt Pleasant. Number Two stop all the nonsense going on between some racers, who if they were standing all together would realize they are all from the same mold, otherwise they would not be in this nonsense sport of ours. So I will end one dispute right now. No matter what anyone says, It will be a short coarse for obvious reasons. Plus we will probably give them their own race, as most of the other racers want to watch this. We cannot tie up the race area for two complete races. We are not looking for an endurance run, just a sprint to see who is the man. Smitty
Old 05-22-2005, 10:56 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And if anyone has a problem with that, call me! I call Bruce, problem solved. Any Questions?
Old 05-22-2005, 11:38 AM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 14,886 Likes on 3,843 Posts

[QUOTE=Phantom1]Wil,

How big would your commitment be to OSS if there were only 2 SVL boats? Would you stay committed or go find the competition in an organization that you have no confidence in?

1# in the off season all everyone read on here was all the boats that SBI/APBA/WPR/UIM were going to have?

Where are they, Being rigged, etc enough of the excuses.

2# Imposing UIM rules, but only enforcing them After OCT 05

3# It would certainly find more trust and confidence in people willing to invest thier own money. then after a race because i dont like the results say i will leave, to just get the results change to my liking!

4# If there were only 2 boats commited to OSS most would move where the competition is, unless a sponsor tells them otherwise.

Pon P sent the inviatations out giving the guidelines, those that accepted said fine, dont change the rules, or hound someone because a National title is important to them.
Team extreme' national championship is just as important to them and thier sponsor.

Last edited by Pete B; 05-22-2005 at 03:31 PM. Reason: for the best racers in the world
Old 05-22-2005, 02:31 PM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 14,886 Likes on 3,843 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark Mathews
Pete,

First, David Scott has run as many OSS races as SBI races this year.

Second, the four poeple you mentioned have never come on OSO spouting off like you do. Therefore they are teated with respect.

Lastly, you are not a good enough salesman to make apples look like oranges. I'd suggest you put some more thought into your posts instead of posting something you think people will believe just because it was written. For you to compare 4 Supercat owners and their comments and treatment on OSO, to the OSS smaller classe racers and their comments on OSO, makes you sound foolish. If you could actually pick yourself up off your knees and take a third party perspective, you'd see that most of the BS in the milling area starts with comments like Wil made about Shane having no competition. You don't hear Tom Abrams doing that.
As for salemanship, i dont have to sell OSS, it sells itself, 32 boats in five classes, vice 35 boats in 16 classes. Am i trying to convince you, not hardly i wouldnt piss on you if you were on fire..!! AS for wil's statement to shane thats between them not you!!! YOU have NO affilation to any of them, or any organization.

Last edited by Pete B; 05-22-2005 at 03:43 PM.
Old 05-22-2005, 07:03 PM
VIP Member

Mark and Pete, read post # 1 would you like to be the reason we pull this thread and race? I dont hear any racers saying one word. Not even Randy. Willie made a statement you were too fast to confuse. They are leaving the BS for the race coarse. Yet you continue. For what reason. Just to listen to yourselves? No one else cares. Leave it alone. That was the reason for this thread. Oss racers race Oss SBI racers race SBI OPA racers race OPA Lots of options so buy a boat and go race! Smitty
Old 05-22-2005, 07:10 PM
Registered

Guys....If the racers want to make a comment to other racers I think they have earned that....if its a stupid comment, then it reflects on who he is...if you notice, Wil dose talk to Shane with respect and vice versa...maybe the non racers need to take a step back and if there is to be a conversation about certain racers...they can choose if they wish to have it on OSO or not...we are all big boys here....the racers should not need other people to make comments for them....
Lets not loose site on who and why this race is even being put on for...Smitty and OPA have put an oppertunity for all SVL's to have a chance to race against each other for 2005. It will be the only class to have that opertunity to have a combined OSS and SBI/APBA race....I'm sure there are other racers out there that wish they can have the same oppertunity for there class....
What do you say if there is going to be some trashed talked about this race, we let the SVL racers do it...they are the ones who have to back it up....
I'm starting to get the feeling no matter how great Offshore Racing gets, you will still have people bickering how bad it is....

Pete...I don't know if you have permission or if you even need it...but to throw out names like Dave S, Tom A, Paul W and Gary N. These guys deserve every bit of respected that they are given not only on OSO but in every day life....These are the guys when they do post something, its all positive for the sport. So when they do post something, its not us kissing there butt, its giving them the respect on who they are and what they do for this sport.
We could only wish the guys you mention and some others would post on here more offen....but I don't blame them for not doing it because if they do...certain people would just jump on them about everything....
When we the racers want to some how all race together...and when guys like Dave S. and Gary N. post on OSO, how they would like us all to race together thats the little hope we have knowing these are some of the people that will be involved in making it happen. So I don't think compairing them to some other racers on OSO that are always starting things up is fair to say....
How about the next time one of them or a Organizations can get a race with a class from SBI/APBA and OSS together we commend them for doing it vice all the commplaining on how to do it......

Sorry, I tried to keep my mouth closed on this but reading all this was driving me nuts.....

Last edited by MANITIE; 05-22-2005 at 07:15 PM.
Old 05-22-2005, 07:17 PM
Registered

Sorry Smitty....your post beat me to it....My typing speed is....well...you know...and we won't even mention my spelling
Attached Thumbnails SVL Point Pleasant-tundra.jpg  

Last edited by MANITIE; 05-22-2005 at 07:24 PM.

Quick Reply: SVL Point Pleasant

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.