Ok maybe a different way........

Notices

Ok maybe a different way........

Old 10-16-2007, 10:10 PM
Michigan Mad Man
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2 Trick Rick
The Claiming rule really help slow down the cost in Amateur Motocross. You had Factory backed 15yrs racing full on “works bikes”... That all changed overnight when the AMA implemented the claim rule were any other racer could “claim” another bike for twice the retail value or something along that line. I’m not sure if it would work in boat racing but it may. Have 6 Different claim prices for each class…

So who do I make out the check to for 1 of Crockets Motors…
Rick make it out to me I have 2 ready to go I listed them but somebody deleted the thread.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:00 AM
Registered

Received 201 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by 2 Trick Rick
Intresting, but were right back to buying a new boat.. I already have 2 ..LOL

Yes...but these boats will retain their value, as they can be resold and reused and still be competitive with the new owners.

You can even use all the stuff from your 2 old boats to build your new race boat. Drives, engines, tabs, tanks, steering, etc. etc.

Every boat will have a plaque embedded into the transom, with a HORBA series number assigned to it.

The boats are small enough to be moved with a regular pickup truck, and can all be launched by trailers on a ramp, no need for cranes or slings.

All motors to be pump gas only. We are trying for simple and easy here.

Last edited by Top Banana; 10-17-2007 at 06:07 AM.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:54 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Top Banana,

Are these molds in existence at this time, what would the cost be for a blank hull?
Old 10-17-2007, 07:26 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Top Banana:

I'm not on here trying to sell boats , obviously you are. You build one of your boats and you can come race against us , how's that for a challenge? I'm an old Factory 1 racer and I'm once again trying to get some interests back in the class. I'm not planning a whole new racing series , etc. There is OPA and APBA / SBI that would welcome any boats that meet their criteria.
Old 10-17-2007, 07:44 AM
Racer
Racer

Originally Posted by Top Banana
Yes...but these boats will retain their value, as they can be resold and reused and still be competitive with the new owners.

You can even use all the stuff from your 2 old boats to build your new race boat. Drives, engines, tabs, tanks, steering, etc. etc.

Every boat will have a plaque embedded into the transom, with a HORBA series number assigned to it.

The boats are small enough to be moved with a regular pickup truck, and can all be launched by trailers on a ramp, no need for cranes or slings.

All motors to be pump gas only. We are trying for simple and easy here.

To grow people need to be able to race what they already have, Buying having to buy another Hull or boat would just add cost.

It’s a very dammed if you do dammed if you don’t
Old 10-17-2007, 08:09 AM
Racer
Racer

IMO, a new series is just what we do not need. We need to build off the existing OPA model and attract better venues, Series Sponsors and TV that pays us to film it. Smitty has done a great job and has always made room for other classes if they had the boats. Get 10 F1 boats that want to race under those rules and I'm sure you will have a class.
Old 10-17-2007, 08:22 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Wahoo ATV
IMO, a new series is just what we do not need. We need to build off the existing OPA model and attract better venues, Series Sponsors and TV that pays us to film it. Smitty has done a great job and has always made room for other classes if they had the boats. Get 10 F1 boats that want to race under those rules and I'm sure you will have a class.

100% AGREE!
Old 10-17-2007, 08:50 AM
Racer
Racer

You just need to find a way to make the boats that are currently being raced equal. Maybe added or removing weight, making everyone run the same gear ratio, a claiming rule on motors so people don’t overpower the class or even a combination of all. But one thing we don’t need is another organization to build another class.
Old 10-17-2007, 08:50 AM
Racer
Racer

Dean, I agree with you 100%, The OPA has pulled a lot of boats out of the backyards and also inspired a lot of people to build new ones. I've never seen Smitty turn anyone away from racing, and because of that we have some dynomite teams. Joker in my last post, I did know you were talking about non canopied boats of a different size, I was just giving an example of how things can level off. A lot of this post race banter is fueled by racers who broke out or feels another team that came in ahead of him did, seems no one complains when there holding the checkered flag, atleast I don't. WooHoo!! Louie
Old 10-17-2007, 09:29 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

I didn't break out for a change, but I do have an interest in some kind of spec racing, Louie, you basically have spec class all running with 525's, I greatly appreciate what going on in "Class Racing" but I think it needs to lead to something in the long run. I know the economy has a lot to do with boat count but a lot of us remember a poor race was less than 60/70 boats. Maybe as OPA boat count grows you could develop 2 to 3 premiere class, a single, twin, and a Cat, or the the concept that Top Banana was talking about with real Ocean Racing in conjunction with Class Racing, Remember F1 and F2 alone had more boats than any Race we have had all year.

Eddie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.