Notices

new Class 1 rules

Old 10-12-2008, 05:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

can anyone actually find the new 2009 class 1 technical rules anywhere.
Old 10-12-2008, 09:05 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

the guy in australia bought all bulls motors...these guys want a simple engine package ..they have gone through alot ..hes Steve Curtis's friend...keeping it simple keeps it cheap...

They have had enough of all the hi-tech electronics in these classes that has killed the sport over there
Steve claims alot of teams are excited and jumping on board..

would be cool if they came to Key west....just so they keep those 5 axis props over there....

Last edited by byrideroffshore; 10-12-2008 at 09:11 PM.
Old 10-13-2008, 08:32 AM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

Its a shame they dont have a motor company over there like Mercury racing that could be at there races supporting there motor package.
I think its great that they trying to keep the smaller funded teams in the sport and not just out spending everyone till there is no competition. It shows they are thinking of the sport. Do the race teams over there have a say in the rules or is it just what the owner of the organization thinks is right?
Are you and Tom thinking of racing over there? It sounds like you should fit right in. I would think the big expense would be getting the boats there but once they arrive you could just leave them there and cut down on the cost. Looks like it will grow over there faster than it ever will here.
MD
Old 10-13-2008, 09:07 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by byrideroffshore

would be cool if they came to Key west....just so they keep those 5 axis props over there....
they are way cool.
Old 10-13-2008, 07:02 PM
Registered

md too much for my budget..i missed Steves call today and i'll talk to him tommorrow..they have about 12-14 supercat motors if Mercury would rebuild i'm sure they would send them over..I dont know when they ran the 850's in 06 what support they gave..I know Cappa did alot of rebuilds on the 850's...

Joe boat looks great..the 5 axis props are the baddest ...little ...over my budget....
Cant wait to see it in KEY WEST...

im not sure if they have a 3 prop rule

Last edited by byrideroffshore; 10-13-2008 at 07:12 PM.
Old 10-13-2008, 07:16 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tony,

Do you think they would be willing to make the trip next year to KW ??
Old 10-13-2008, 07:20 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Xtremeracing
Tony,

Do you think they would be willing to make the trip next year to KW ??
i would talk to them soon, this year they race oct 23-25 in egypt then dec 4-13 in dubai.... they would probably have to move both of those dates to make it feasible to get boats back and forth.
Old 10-13-2008, 08:09 PM
Registered

Yes with Steve Curtis on our side I think its possible...they came over in the early 80's thats when my engine builder UNITED racing engines from miami started doing Victory teams motors...Ill talk to Steve tommorrow and see what these guys are doing...looks promising...SBI's key west event would be very tempting....Its good news for SUPERCAT...Extreme u ready for key west???
Old 10-13-2008, 08:25 PM
Registered

We have a few issues but we'll see what happen tring to make it if we can .
I called the other day and left you a message give me a call when u get a chance.

Frank
Old 10-13-2008, 11:40 PM
www.weismann.net
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Victory was last in the states in 1992 at Sarasota. They waxed every class they were in from outboard to class 1. I think the worlds were in Atlantic City in 92, Not sure. Ask Chuck he was there. I do not know if they raced in the states before that. They had Randy,Ed Collier,Felix, Joey Imprecia as throttlemen.

pat W

Quick Reply: new Class 1 rules

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.