Notices

JBS racing update

Old 02-18-2010, 08:02 PM
DriverofDonzi
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi AB!

This year St. Clair gonna be much more awesome when all three ( Geico, JBS, and AM) will be there to race!!!

Yes, you're right. in 2007 Geico vs Budweiser....Oh my....What a race!!!!! I had trouble keepng my mouth close! LOL

Hope to see you at St. Clair!

Chris
Old 02-18-2010, 08:07 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by DriverofDonzi
Hi AB!

This year St. Clair gonna be much more awesome when all three ( Geico, JBS, and AM) will be there to race!!!

Yes, you're right. in 2007 Geico vs Budweiser....Oh my....What a race!!!!! I had trouble keepng my mouth close! LOL

Hope to see you at St. Clair!

Chris
Yes Chris, we will try to meet again this year and I hope to meet the Miss Geico Team, Aqua-Mania Race Team and JBS Racing. Could be history in the making like 2007.
Old 02-18-2010, 09:29 PM
Registered

okay, i hate to rain on the love fest here- but did you two (AB & DofD) not read jeff's first post. or maybe it's just me?

the racing updates had NO race's scheduled!!!!

if Aqau-mania has comitted to your event (st clair promoter guy) also great news. but looked what happened last year. a list of race boats started which was dreamed up out of thin air and then alot of people were pissed when the boat turn out wasn't what you guys posted here.

then people started with some negative views towards the race, based on them not showing, which the racers had never intended to show in the first place.
Old 02-18-2010, 10:11 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by skaterdave
okay, i hate to rain on the love fest here- but did you two (AB & DofD) not read jeff's first post. or maybe it's just me?

the racing updates had NO race's scheduled!!!!

if Aqau-mania has comitted to your event (st clair promoter guy) also great news. but looked what happened last year. a list of race boats started which was dreamed up out of thin air and then alot of people were pissed when the boat turn out wasn't what you guys posted here.

then people started with some negative views towards the race, based on them not showing, which the racers had never intended to show in the first place.
Skaterdave!

I read JBS Racings 1st post and saw their race schedule and yes, St. Clair was not on there. Did you read all my post, did I say that they were coming because if I did I don't see it on any of my post. I wish all three would be racing there and I also hope that all three teams will be racing there. I know that Miss Geico missed last year because they were rigging their new Mystic and some others such as Reliable Carriers, Motely Crew, didn't make it because of the economy and yes there was some talk about the poor turnout but I can tell you that those that did race at St. Clair put on a great show and it is still one of the best sites around for spectator viewing. It is good for Offshore Powerboat Racing and the fans when people try to promote a race. I'm proud to try and promote the St. Clair Classic because I think they deserves it. You can't always make everyone happy but I try to be positive instead of negative. Will JBS Racing and Aqua-Mania make it to St. Clair, I don't know but I hope that they can but if they can't, there will still be many racers to put on a great show and although last year didn't have as large of a turn out as from years before it was still a great show.
Old 02-19-2010, 07:32 AM
Registered

Jeff does not have it on his schedule but he told me he intends to be in St Clair
Old 02-19-2010, 08:51 AM
DriverofDonzi
Gold Member

I agree with AB completely. Even though there was no turbines race last year at St. Clair but I had tons of fun. I get to meet more people and learn from them. Especially Tony and Mark from JD BYRIDER. If they cant race at St. Clair this year. It is not the end of the sport. They will make a comeback to St Clair.

Chris
Old 02-19-2010, 08:57 AM
Registered

AB, your missing my point. sometimes people word things like there Fact, then someone else reads the post and next thing you know they take it as fact and the ball starts rolling.

St Clair is always a great race, just sometimes when people presume some teams are going and that turns into a cheerleading line it hurts the rest of the racers. i'm not talking about Geico but there was several boats listed that never committed last year.

i'm all for being positive, just watch that peoples "wishlist" doesn't get percieved as actual racer entries.

cause then you get where's so and so, instead those guys put on a great race.

Last edited by skaterdave; 02-19-2010 at 09:03 AM.
Old 02-19-2010, 02:13 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by MUGSHOT
I recently became a member on this forum JBS.... I do not need to reseach anything, I was there at the race and your passion for racing took the best of you that day. You are lucky to be able to be alive... I read some of your threads already, you are one cocky sob. Good luck in your racing frenzy you have made a lot of friends along the way...
I have no dog in this fight, but I felt I had to comment after reading this and the previous post by Mugshot. First off, I had the pleasure of meeting and talking to Jeff and Jaimee Stevenson, Joe Skrocki, and several members of their team at the race in Biloxi last year. I was very impressed with their passion for not only the sport, but for their fans as well. As a result, I not only bought several jackets, shirts, and hats, I became a huge JBS Racing fan. I, too, was a little disappointed with some of the comments made last year. But as a former business owner as well as public relations rep, it dawned on me that the world is made up of people with a wide variety of personalities and goals. Yes, some people take risks that maybe they shouldn't, we all have in one way or another. Yes, some people vent their frustrations in a way that makes others question their intentions. Yes, we all say things that we later regret, but some of us are man or woman enough to appologize and move on. Jeff said some things that p.o.ed some people, including me, but guess what, he was man enough to appologize and I am once again a huge fan. As far as the boat goes, I would imagine that even though Mystic took care of the hull itself, the huge cost of re-rigging the boat, re-doing the graphics, etc., etc. had to put a huge dent in Jeff's back pocket. I, along with a lot of other people I know, just hope that some way Jeff, Jaimee, Joe, and the rest of JBS Racing find some way (SPONSORS) to return to the sport they and I, as a fan, love.
Old 02-19-2010, 07:11 PM
wot

What a trip, these turbine guys:
  • Put together the best high performance teams and rigs in the world.
  • Run in ground effect @ > 180mph, risking everything for the thrill and the sport
  • Put big $$$K's and $M's up for loss w/every run (and yes, percentage is an order of magnitude)
  • As a whole, imo\ are of the highest professionalism.

Now the internet police don't like some scuttlebutt, what a joke. Haven’t seen JBS in person yet,
but will someday; keep up the great work!

Last edited by wot; 02-19-2010 at 07:37 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 02-25-2010, 10:25 PM
Registered

Default St. Clair lineup

I have been going to the race in St. Clair since they started. I am not a race boat owner, but I do own a boat. This area is where racing first started with Miss America years ago. The volunteers and officials do a wonderful job the whole week and should be applauded. The race fans have always turned out in force for the whole week even when we have had threatening weather. It is nice to see all the positive feedback the racers have for this site and we appreciate that we are given a race every year. I have never been to any other race site that is so intimate and compact- I imagine Key West is like this, only on a grander scale. I do go to Harrison Twp race and the race years ago at Metro Beach when the old Dirty Laundry boat barreled rolled, but you can see so much more of the race here. I also have to agree that the race a few years ago had everyone talking for days around here when Miss Geico and Bud Select were running so tight. It would be awesome if Aqua Mania, JBS and Geico would show up, but with racing so close together in the weeks before and after with different sanctioning bodies involved at different sites and not everyone running the same I find it hard to believe all will show. I emailed Aqua Mania last year and the reason they don't show up here is because they race SBI and this is not a point's paying race for them and they can't risk breaking down with Michigan City so close. If all would come together and work for the greater good of the sport and put differences aside and race for the pure enjoyment of racing, everyone would win. Again I thank all racers that show up for the race in all classes, but I have to agree to keep rumors to a minimum until they actually commit and it will keep the after the fact let down of not seeing particular boats.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.