Notices

throttling

Old 03-31-2011, 08:10 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you visit I live in Edison NJ
Randy
Nice Randy! The one thing I can remember about Edison is strangly enough, the air in the morning, it's that urban exhaust sub industrial close to the city type fume... To this day I remember that smell.. Makes me think of jumpin my BMX off dirveway curbs...Random.... And... the edge of my seat ride into the city for the annual F A O schwartz visit; one very special time I remember eating lunch in a resturant that had open wheel race cars hanging from the overhead and we sat in a car while we ate... I think I should plan my vacation for the Atlantic City opening round June 3rd-5th.....
Old 04-01-2011, 05:52 AM
Registered

Typhoon thats a great story. thanks for sharing it on how you got started. good luck in 2011 and stay safe
Old 04-02-2011, 09:53 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TYPHOON
I love the attitude! You are on the right path with your desires. I dont want to sugar coat it. Racing takes 2 thing's, money or dedication and mechanical ability.
A true story: Aprox 12 years ago I wanted to race boats in the worst way. In NJ the point race is big and just being there with the teams watching was big to me. I was just like you all saying how do I get involved with a team. I went to a race awards banquet and met several teams. I told every team that if they ever needed a crew guy Im there guy. I begged a team with a owner named John Wooley from Lightening Jacks that Im his guy if he needs a crew guy or test piolet. At that time he just got a race boat from Donzi called "Dam Donzi". One day before a race I called and asked if I could help him at a point Pleasant race and he said yes come down and you can change my oil. Let me tellyou I was the happyist guy a live to be able to change the oil on a race boat. At the race site he let me drive his other boat from the crane to Jack Bakers. I thought I was on seventh heaven just being able to park the race boat. That same year I got the call from John on my family vacation to see if I was available to drive the boat in a real race. I asked my wife if I could leave the vacation to do my dream and she said ok. I was willing to leave my vacation and my wife was as well. I was amped and ready to leave and found out at the last min. I was replaced.
This is my 13th season racing now and I always remember the path it took to be here. I had no money but I had a desire to race boats. I FOUND A WAY to make it happen!!!
Team owners know who is willing to sacrifice what it takes to be a racer. If you have no money you better bring something to the table. Sorry for rehashing my adventure if its not for you. Same story for every racer I know. Notice I said racer. There is a difference between racer and someone who just has money and want's to be recognized as a racer. Man up and go after your dream. Call Henderson for details.
MD
sounds like fun,

Last edited by bobo; 04-04-2011 at 08:07 AM.
Old 04-05-2011, 09:40 PM
Registered

Received 421 Likes on 175 Posts

I met "Typhoon" a couple of years ago at the Lake of the Ozarks OSS race. Just walked up as he was tying up to the dock. He took the time to visit with us, show us the boat in detail, and answer all of our questions. Top notch kind of guy in my book.

Seeing Typhoon was one of the reasons that I bought, and am in the process of finishing up a complete repaint/repower of a 2000 BatBoat.

I have no plans to race, but will be at the Shootout this fall at LOTO!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/3495226...7626326435654/
Old 04-07-2011, 06:43 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

I have loads of great storys about my racing times and the people we meet. To me its about having a good time and meeting new people. I love the look of putting people in my boat in the pits and talking to them. Maybe just maybe they will get infected with the same bug that has brought me so much pleasue. Thankyou for going to the races. The cockpit hatch is always open to any kids that want to climb in or good looking moms.
MD
Old 04-07-2011, 11:32 PM
Registered

WHAT EVERY/??? lets go talkers/////
Old 04-07-2011, 11:37 PM
Registered

59 days. bring the wavings big water guys //;// see u in ac ***s lets go111
Old 04-11-2011, 05:29 PM
Registered
VIP Member

As a follow up, thank you everyone who replyed with positive feedback/ reinforcemnet! I appreciate all the kind words of wisdom. I'm working on getting up to AC for the first round!
Old 04-11-2011, 06:59 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Check Spirit Air and ATA. THose are the only two airlines that fly into ACY.

Randy, you must have been sober to remember those stories. I bet the Point Pleasant race is the cause for almost half of us getting involved with this sport.

http://www.lucidideefastboats.com/im...at_Point-1.wmv Here's a nice Tribute to Point Pleasant.

Last edited by Ron P; 04-11-2011 at 07:17 PM.
Old 04-12-2011, 09:33 AM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

Ron arent you up past your bed time? You posted that at 7:59 PM.
MD

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.